The TK Audio BC1-S provides smooth buss compression associated with one of the most famous buss compressors from the mid 80's. Mixing engineers call it the magic "glue" when transparent compression strengthens mixes without compromising clarity. The BC1-S provides just that kind of compression bringing cohesion and punch; equally useful for drum buss and instrument compression. The built-in blend control makes it easy to apply parallel compression by adjusting the mix of dry and compressed signal. A mute-switch is provided for muting the dry signal making it possible to adjust the compression without changing the blend control. A switchable side-chain filter can be applied at 150Hz which makes the BC1-S less responsive to low frequency energy. The external side-chain input makes it possible to have the BC1-S pump to an external source. Smooth and transparent compression will never go out of fashion and the BC1 has already become a best-seller. The BC1-S will add the magic "glue" and make your mixes sound punchy and coherent. To make it even more easy to work with we have now changed all potentiometers for detendet (stepped) controls for easier recall.
TK Audio BC1-S Key Features
- Smooth VCA-based buss compression
- Provides the magic glue effect on mixes
- Extended ratio, attack and release controls
- Side-chain input and filtering
- Blend control for parallel compression
- Single or dual side-chain detectors
TK Audio BC1-S Specifications
- Noise flooor: below 104dBm
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz less than -0,025dB
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 80kHz less than -0,3dB
- Blend control fully CW (comp)
- THD+N @ 0dBu: less than 0,0045%
- THD @ 0dBu: less than 0,001%
- THD+N @ +26dBu: less than 0,02%
- THD @ +26dBu: less than 0,02%
- Blend control fully CCW (straight)
- THD+N @ 0dBu: less than 0,00045%
- THD @ 0dBu:
- THD+N @ +26dBu: less than 0,0003%
- THD @ +26dBu:
- Input impedance: 40kohm
- Output impedance: 50ohm
- Max input level: +26dBu
- Max output: +27dBu @ 600ohms load
TK Audio BC1-S Features
- Threshold: -20dB to +20dB
- Ratio: 1.5:1 / 2:1 / 4:1 / 10:1 / Hard
- HP Filter: 150Hz, -6dB octave
- External sidechain: in/out
- Dual or single sidechain detectors
- Attack: UF(ultrafast) /0.1/0.3/0.6/1/3/10/30/60/120mS
- Release: 50mS/100mS/300mS/600mS/1.2S/Auto
- Gainreduction meter
- Make-up: 0 to +20dB
- Compression in/out
- Straight signal mute
- Blendcontrol: from straight to compressed
- External sidechaininput: Unbalanced TRS jacks
- Internal, regulated powersupply with a toroidal transformer
- 115 or 230V, selectable.
- BC1-S updates:
- New outputstage, unbalanced/balanced auto sens.
- All controls stepped
- New illuminated in/out switch
- Mains on/off on front
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.