This new version of the Culture Vulture Mastering was introduced in 2011, designed to give the user not only an accurate “mastering” version of the Culture Vulture but more effect options. The unit is accurately aligned for stereo or single channel operation. All valves are “military” specification, NOS, made in France and USA and have low noise plus extended life. With mastering in mind, this version of the Culture Vulture retains all of the qualities of the earlier design, and has closely matched controls and valves. A test report is supplied with each one, which gives the optimum current (usually 0.25 mA) which the Bias controls should be set to for minimum distortion. The text below refers to one channel (the other the same). The “Function” control now has 4 settings:
- T triode type 2nd harmonic distortion
- P1 pentode type, 3rd harmonics
- P2 new setting, as P1 up to a peak, then over-compresses with distortion effects
- P3 the original P2 setting (“no holds barred”)
The Drive control consists of an indented pot for fine control and a switch which increases the input gain in 2x 10 dB steps to “Overdrive”. The Output Level control also has an indented pot for fine control and a -10 dB switchable attenuator.
Sowter transformers are used to balance line input and output, but DI input and low level output are both unbalanced. The DI input is high impedance, high gain for instrument use.
The bypass switch ignores the DI input and connects any signal coming to the line input jack to the line output jack, bypassing the electronics for comparison purposes.
Thermionic Culture Vulture Mast Features
- Low noise + long life valves.
- Accurate side to side matching.
- Frequency response extended.
- Indented controls for easier recall.
- Function switch has extra distortion type position.
- Overdrive switch has extra mid-way position.
- Output attenuator switch for better control of strong signals.
- Balanced line inputs and outputs on stereo jacks.
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.