Since its original development in 1946, the TELEFUNKEN U47 has been the microphone of choice for generations of recording professionals. The first condenser microphone to offer selectable polar patterns (cardioid and omnidirectional), the original U47 also featured the famous M7 capsule which had been developed in 1928 by Georg Neumann. To this capsule was added an amplifier built from military surplus VF14 tubes (they had been used in field and aircraft radios), and BV8 output transformers. The combination of these components created a sonic quality that was absolutely unheard of in the English speaking world of the mid-1940s when darker sounding, less detailed ribbon microphones were the standard. The introduction of the U47 brought a new level of fidelity to the audio world, and is still considered to be one of the finest microphones ever produced.
Whether you're recording a symphony, a "crooner," or any facet of modern music, you'll find a great tool in the U47. Its authoritative mid-range and extended low-end response dance from your ears - much as a vintage wine dances from the palate. Everything, from vocals to the loudest of guitar sounds, full on orchestral recording, beautiful backing vocal arrangements, or a chamber ensemble will benefit wildly from the rich and vibrant tone of this stunning microphone.
In the Box: M940 power supply, M840 25’ dual-shielded ACX-7 tube microphone cable, M740 elastic shock mount, FC40 locking flight case and WB40 wooden microphone box.
Telefunken Elektroakustik U47 Tube Condenser Microphone Specifications
- Type: condenser pressure gradient
- Capsule: M7
- Frequency Range: 20Hz / 20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid and Omni
- Sensitivity: 24.5 mV/pa +/- 1 dB
- THD at 1kHz at 1Pa: <0.3%
- Output Impedance: <400 ohms
- Maximum SPL: 127 dB
- Non Linear Distortion: less than or equal to 0.5% at 100 dyne / cm sq
- Self Noise: 9dBA +/- 1dB
- Tube Type: VF-14K
- Power Type: Dedicated American-made power supply with slow-ramping filament voltage
- Dimensions: 9 3/4" (248mm) length x 2 1/4" (57mm) diameter
- Weight: 22oz (624g)
- Supply Current: <45mA
- Connected Via: Large Tuchel/Historic stand mount swivel, XLR-3 (M) output
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.