The US-1x2 is the ideal USB audio interface for entry-level users. It is small, lightweight and economically priced, but nevertheless of high quality. The model features one microphone and one line/instrument input and an RCA unbalanced stereo analogue input as well as an RCA unbalanced analogue output. It enables you to record or stream to the Internet vocals and a single instrument or a stereo source, or archive your cassette tape collection – at up to 96 kHz/24 bit using virtually any major DAW software or recording app under Windows, macOS or iOS.
The US-1x2 features a Tascam original ultra-HDDA mic preamp with very low input noise and a high gain range of 57 dB for dynamic mics as well as phantom power for condenser mics. Further features include latency-free direct monitoring, a headphones output with level control, stereo/mono input monitor modes and a mute switch on the software settings panel. A license for Cubase LE including Cubasis LE is also included. And, last but not least, the interface can be operated in standalone mode for practice sessions when used with an external power supply.
A recording environment with low noise and great audio performance is a relevant factor for vocal and, in particular, wind instruments. The US-1x2 features an Ultra-HDDA microphone preamplifier with an EIN figure of –127 dBu. This very low noise level makes this interface the ideal tool for recording with condenser microphones. You can also plug in your electric guitar or bass directly using the line/instrument input and use plug-in effects on your computer recording (DAW) software. Or connect any instrument amplifier’s line output to the line input of the US-1x2.
The US-1x2 is also a great tool for composing on the road. Combine it with an iPad and you can record your ideas with high quality wherever you go.
Even if you’re not so familiar with recording equipment, the US-1x2’s user-friendly design enables you to use it right away.
- Ultra-HDDA mic preamp
- Equivalent input noise: –127 dBu
- Overall S/N ratio: 100 dB
- Separate inputs for mics and instruments / line level sources
- Separate controls for line and headphones outputs
- Zero-latency monitoring
- One high-quality Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) microphone pre-amp with ultra-low noise (EIN: –127 dBu)
- Recording at up to 96 kHz / 24 bits
- Support for Windows, Mac and iOS operating systems
- 2-in/2-out audio streaming from a PC connected via USB 2.0
- One XLR microphone input with phantom power supply
- Wide input gain range of 57dB for dynamic microphones
- One 6.3-mm TRS analogue input selectable between line and instrument level
- Stereo RCA analogue inputs and outputs
- Zero-latency monitoring (direct monitoring)
- Headphones output delivering 18 mW per channel
- Independent level controls for line and phones outputs
- Input signals can be monitored in stereo or mono
- Input can be muted on the software settings panel
- USB bus-powered for mobile recording
- USB Audio Compliance 2.0 for iOS connection
- Standalone operation for practice sessions (requires an external power source)
- Notification function keeps you updated with the latest information for your product
- Automatic update notification helps you to keep your software and firmware up to date (you can install new updates with the press of a button)
- Bundled with Cubase LE including Cubasis LE
- Rugged aluminum body
- Angled industrial design for ease-of-use on a desktop
|Sampling frequency||44.1k / 48k / 88.2k / 96k Hz|
|Quantization bit rate||16 / 24-bit|
|Analog audio inputs|
|MIC IN (IN 1)|
|Connector||XLR-3-31 (1: GND, 2: HOT, 3: COLD), BALANCED × 1|
|Nominal input level|
|GAIN: MAX||–65dBu (0.0004Vrms)|
|GAIN: MIN||–8dBu (0.3090Vrms)|
|Maximum input level||+8dBu (1.9467Vrms)|
|LINE/INST IN (IN 2)|
|Connector||1/4" (6.3mm) TRS Phone jack (T: HOT, R: COLD, S: GND), BALANCED × 1
* When set to "LINE" at LINE/INST switch
|Nominal input level|
|GAIN: MAX||–41dBu (0.0069Vrms)|
|GAIN: MIN||+4dBu (1.228Vrms)|
|Maximum input level||+20dBu (7.75Vrms)|
|Connector||1/4" (6.3mm) TS Phone jack (T: HOT, S: GND), UNBALANCED × 1
* When set to "INST" at LINE/INST switch
|Nominal input level|
|GAIN: MAX||–58dBV (0.0013Vrms)|
|GAIN: MIN||–13dBV (0.2239Vrms)|
|Maximum input level||+3dBV (1.1425Vrms)|
|LINE L/R IN|
|Connector||RCA Pin jack, UNBALANCED × 1 pair|
|Maximum input level||+6dBV (1.9953Vrms)|
|Analog audio outputs|
|Connector||RCA Ppin-jack, UNBALANCED × 1 pair|
|Maximum output level||+6dBV (1.995Vrms)|
|Connector||1/4" (6.3mm) Stereo Phone jack × 1|
|Maximum output level||18mW + 18mW or more (THD+N 0.1% or less, 32Ω loaded)|
|Connector||USB B type 4-pin × 1|
|Format||USB2.0 HIGH SPEED|
|DC IN 5V|
|Connector||USB Micro B type × 1|
|When connected PC||USB bus powered|
|When connected iOS||AC Adapter (TASCAM PS-P520, sold separately)|
|Dimensions||5.74" × 2.17" × 4.72" / 146 × 55 × 120 mm|
|Weight||1.38 lbs. / 623 g|
|Operating temperature||41˚F to 95˚F / 5˚C to 35˚C|
|Accessories||USB cable (1.5m), Installation manual, User's manual, warranty card|
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.