TASCAM HD-P2 Features
- Records to convenient CompactFlash media at resolutions up to 24-bit and sample rates to 192kHz
- Transfer data fast to any Mac or PC via built-in FireWire connection
- Built-in Synchronization via full-featured timecode input
- Large angled LCD and intuitive user interface
- Onboard XLR mic inputs with phantom power, unbalanced RCA ins and outs plus S/PDIF digital I/O
One of the HD-P2's coolest features (in our humble opinion, of course) is its ability to record directly to readily available, highly cost effective CompactFlash media. Prices seem to drop weekly on these, making one gig CF cards surprisingly affordable. But it's the audio quality that will impress you the most, since the HD-P2 can record at 24-bit resolution and at sample rates of up to 192kHz. Sure, that might be overkill right now, but isn't it nice to know that a year from now, you won't have to retire the unit and buy something else? The HD-P2 is truly a portable recorder capable of delivering pristine audio at all resolutions and sample rates you might need for today and well into the future.
Convenient FireWire Connectivity for Fast Data Transfers
TASCAM made a really wise choice by including FireWire connectivity in the HD-P2. So whether you want to send some audio to a Mac or PC for fine-tuning (or even major edits), you won't spend time twiddling your thumbs while some sloth-like data transfers are in progress. As we all know, FireWire is super fast. Need to send your audio into a full-blown digital audio workstation? No problemo, dude. The HD-P2 has you covered.
The TASCAM HD-P2 comes standard with a full featured timecode input, making it the most affordable recorder with built-in timecode ever made. Incoming LTC is connected to the locking XLR input for timetamping your broadcast WAVE files from a central clock. The HD-P2 also "Chases" incoming timecode during playback for review or loading into an editor. A video clock input allows frame edge resolve to a central blackburst source or use as a lock-and-release timecode slave.
Large Angled LCD and Intuitive User Interface
Although the HD-P2 was designed for demanding film shoots and live concerts, it's still simple and affordable enough for use in everyday situations. The large, angled backlit LCD is uncluttered, yet it delivers all the information you need to get the job done. The angled display is easily read from a tabletop or when the unit is shoulder mounted. The user interface is straightforward - there's no steep learning curve, so you can begin using the HD-P2 almost immediately.
Onboard XLR Inputs Plus Unbalanced RCA and S/PDIF I/O
The HD-P2 is ready to work with you, using the accessories you choose. For use with today's premium quality microphones, the unit has balanced XLR inputs with phantom power, so you can actually take your better mics out in the field for the best results. There are also unbalanced RCA ins and outs for those times when you need to record an analog line-level signal. Finally, the HD-P2 has a digital S/PDIF I/O, allowing it to easily interface with almost any other digital audio device on the planet, like DAT machines, hard disk recorders and more!
TASCAM HD-P2 Features
- Stereo recording to Compact Flash media
- 44.1kHz to 192kHz sample rates at 16- or 24-bit resolution
- Time-stamped Broadcast WAVE file format is easily imported into DAW software and spotted into projects with sample accuracy
- Retake button allows user to re-do last recording with a single button press
- Audio files continually re-saved to safeguard against data loss
- Comprehensive system and transport control from the front panel or a PS/2 keyboard
- XLR mic inputs with phantom power and analog peak limiter
- Unbalanced stereo RCA I/O
- S/PDIF digital I/O
- Headphone output
- Built-in mono microphone and speaker for desktop interview applications
- Analog level controls for easy operation without the need to look at the unit
- FireWire interface for fast data transfer to a computer
- SMPTE/LTC timecode input on locking XLR balanced jack
- Timestamps Broadcast WAVE recordings from SMPTE input
- Chase locks to incoming SMPTE timecode
- Video clock input resolves to house clock
- Tri-level sync support for HDTV applications
- Includes Frame Lock, Lock and Release and flexible Freewheel settings for unpredictable timecode sources
- Pull-up and Pull-down sample rates included for video format compatibility
- Familiar tape machine-style layout and function
- Angled screen for table-top or shoulder strap use
- Large, uncluttered LCD display
- Shortcut keys and LED indicators for frequently-accessed functions
- Recessed Compact Flash slot
- Runs on (8) readily available AA batteries or DC power adapter
- Approximately 5.5 hours of operating time on battery power
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.