High-Performance Audio Capture With Tascam's DR05 digital recorder, it's easy to save your musical ideas, quickly record a jam, create demos, and round up found sounds. Put it in your pocket, turn it on, and record up to 17.5 hours of audio with the kind of clarity and low-noise performance that you'd expect to get from pricey studio gear, not a hundred-dollar recorder. Capture every little detail, from the loudest blasts to the most subtle whispers, with the DR05's pair of stereo condenser omnidirectional microphones, which can handle up to 125 dB SPL. Even though built-in mics are convenient, there will be times when you want to record other sources, and for that reason the DR05 sports a 1/8-inch stereo input for adding your own mic or line-level source. The DR05 saves in either MP3 or WAV format, direct to microSD or microSDHC media.
Its low-impedance design and separately built digital and analog circuit boards keep hiss and unwanted environmental noise in check, so you won't have to edit a recording to oblivion to make it sound good. The DR05 sounds good as it is. Clean, clear sound comes courtesy of a signal to noise ratio of over 92 dB, 0.05 percent total harmonic distortion (THD), and 20 Hz to 40 kHz response at 96 kHz/24-bit resolution.
The Easiest Digital Recorder on Hand With a layout specifically designed for one-thumb operation, the handheld DR05 puts important functions like recording, adjusting levels, and the ability to delete takes and add markers right where you need them. Hold the DR05 in one hand and a drink in the other. Limiting, low-cut filtering, a built-in chromatic tuner, and other features are just a thumb's press away.
Recording features like Quick Menu and Peak Reduction provide no-fuss ways to fine-tune your audio files right on the recorder. The Peak Reduction setting automatically sets your recording level by listening to the input and adjusting levels for the best sound, without adding any distortion.
When transcribing an interview or learning a new song, take advantage of the recorder's Variable Speed Audition feature, which allows you to loop and slow down music without changing the pitch. And when you want to smooth out any sudden volume jumps, switch on the DR05's Level Align function, and get instant playback via the built-in speaker.
The Ultimate in Portability The Tascam DR05 recorder runs on two AA batteries. Power it on and record up to 17 and a half hours of high-quality audio! If you're low on battery juice, connect the portable recorder to a computer via its USB 2.0 port or plug in the AC adapter and get all the external power you need.
Tascam DR05 Portable Digital Recorder Features
- Handheld portable digital recorder -- pocket-sized and perfect for recording on the go
- Built-in stereo condenser omnidirectional microphones with sensitivity up to 125 dB SPL
- Up to 96 kHz/24-bit WAV (BWF) linear PCM recording
- Stereo MP3 recording from 32 to 320 kbps bit rate
- Peak Reduction function automatically sets the gain while recording
- Limiter and low-cut filter to help prevent distortion
- Automatic or manual level setting
- Self timer recording starts recording 5 or 10 seconds after pressing the record button
- Auto and manual track increment
- Variable speed playback (50% to 150%) without changing the pitch
- Loop and repeat playback
- Level Align feature prevents uneven volume levels during playback
- Playback EQ setting
- Editing function (Divide and delete)
- Up to 99 mark points on each file
- Chromatic tuner
- 1/8" Stereo mic/line input
- USB 2.0 port for transfer to PC and external power
- Up to 2-second pre recording buffer
- Jump back function returns to previous point with one action (1 to 10, 20, 30 seconds)
- 1/8" Headphone/line output
- Built-in speaker
- microSD (64 MB to 2 GB)/microSDHC (4 GB to 32 GB) card slot (2 GB card included)
- Powered by 2 AA batteries, AC adapter (optional: PS-P515U), or USB bus power
- Tripod socket hole
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.