Four XLR mic inputs with phantom power are included on the DR-70D, enough to cover busy scenes. The High-Quality HDDA(High Definition Discrete Architecture) Mic Preamps include 64dB of gain for quiet performances, and all four inputs have individual gain controls. Each input has a limiter and low cut filter available for controlling volume. Also included is Dual Recording mode, which records a safety copy of your audio at a lower level to prevent distorted takes. Quality components like 5532 op amps are used throughout for the clearest audio possible.
Tracks on the DR-70D are captured to SD card, SDHC or SDXC media - up to 128GB cards are supported. The recorder has tripod mounts on the top and bottom of the unit, allowing it to be mounted on a camera, a follow-focus cage, or used standalone. Other production friendly features include a slate tone, low-noise buttons, a powerful headphone output, and standard AA battery power. Uniquely designed for the needs of filmmakers, television producers, advertisers, and documentarians, the DR-70D packs multitrack recording into a package compact enough to use with any camera.
Two built-in omni-directional mics Two omni-directional microphones allow easy recording of natural stereo sound without using external mics. Used in combination with one or two other mics, the DR-70D becomes a compact setup for recording interviews and ambient sound at the same time.
4 XLR/TRS combo jacks allow a variety of setups (4) XLR/TRS inputs are built-into the DR-70D. The four-channel design enables combinations of shotgun microphones, lavaliere mics, and the built-in stereo mic to be recorded individually. Channels 1 and 2 can be set to stereo input and channels 3 and 4 can be set to the built-in mics, making a variety of mic configurations possible.
Dual Recording mode can be used to create a backup file that is simultaneously recorded at a different level to prevent clipping when levels exceed the maximum input. The second track is recorded up to 12dB lower as a safety track to prevent distortion - if your input signal overloads, you have a backup that isn't distorted.
Built-in 4-in/2-out Mixer Enables 4-channel and Stereo Recording Each of the four inputs is sent to a stereo mixer. This allows each input to be recorded individually for post production while a stereo mix is sent to headphones and the camera guide track. In addition to pan and level parameters, each input includes a limiter, a low-cut filter, and a delay to adjust for distances between mics. In addition, a mid-side decoding function enables the use of a MS stereo mics.
HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps Microphone preamps do a lot of work to convert your mic-level signals to recordable levels, so they have a big impact on the quality of the audio that is recorded. The DR-70D uses TASCAM HDDA microphone preamps - created through careful selection of parts. An NE5532 op-amp was selected for its outstanding effect on audio quality. Through a mix of discrete architecture and hand-picked components, TASCAM has achieved an equivalent input noise level of -120 dBu.
Tascam DR-70D 4-Channel Portable Handheld Recorder Features - Supports SD/SDHC/SDXC cards
- Maximum number of tracks recorded simultaneously: (4)
- Recording modes: MONO, STEREO, 2MIX, DUAL MONO, DUAL ST, DUAL 2MIX
- Recording formats: 16/24-bit, 44.1k/48k/96k Hz (WAV/BWF)
- TASCAM HDDA microphone preamps provide legendary audio performance
- Input levels can be adjusted independently
- XLR/TRS inputs support +4dBu line level and phantom power (24V/48V)
- Supports mics requiring plug-in power, and mics with high output (1-2)
- CAMERA OUT jack enables audio mixed on the DR-70D to be output to the camera
- CAMERA IN jack allows the DSLR camera audio to be monitored through the DR-70D
- High-quality audio output through the line output jack that is independent of the headphones jack
- Headphone jack with 20mW+20mW maximum output
- Tripod mounting threads (bottom), camera screw attachment and a shoe mount that can be attached and removed with a coin (top)
- Handles on the front left and right sides protect the screen and can be used to attach a shoulder strap
- Transport and SLATE buttons are made of rubber to prevent handling noise during use
- HOLD switch prevents accidental operation
- 128x64-pixel graphic LCD with backlight
- High-speed transfer of files to a computer using USB 2.0
- Micro-B USB cable included
- Built-in mixer can be used to adjust Pan and Level to mix output of (4) channels
- Low-cut filter with five settings (40/80/120/180/220 Hz) to be used to reduce unwanted air-conditioning noise and other low-frequency sounds
- Limiter function can automatically adjust excessive input levels (stereo-linking possible for 1/L and 2/R)
- Delay function to adjust for distances between mics (+/-150 ms)
- Mid-side decoding function enables the use of mid-side stereo mics
- Slate tone functions (automatic/manual)
- Selectable slate tone insertion points
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or date
- Dual recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels
- Can start a new file automatically when a maximum file size set in advance is reached to continue recording
- Track incrementing function allows a file to be split by creating a new file during recording when desired
- Resume function remembers the playback position when the unit is turned off
- Mark function allows up to 99 points to be added to a single recording
What is the process after I checkout?
Following checkout your order number will be generated and stock availability confirmed before a Paypal invoice is emailed to your registered email address. If your order is not in stock and cannot be shipped within 10 business days then your order will be cancelled. If your order is in stock or can be ordered from the manufacturer for FEDEX dispatch within 10 business days then we will email a Paypal invoice to complete payment.
Following checkout your Paypal invoice will be emailed to you within 24 hours if your entire is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer (Monday-Friday). You will receive a Paypal invoice (request for payment) from AudioBuy or from one of our shipping partners.
When do I pay?
You do not pay at checkout. If your order is in stock or readily available from the manufacturer then a Paypal payment request (invoice) will be emailed to you from AudioBuy or from one of our shipping partners. This is to ensure that we do not collect payment for orders which cannot be promptly dispatched and delivered.
Will my shipped order be delivered safely and securely?
All Australian orders are shipped with FEDEX and are marked as "fragile" to ensure that your ordered items are securely and safely handled prior to final delivery. All orders are dispatched with protective casing and packaging to further protect your ordered item(s) during transit to your delivery address. All orders require signature upon delivery to ensure that your order is delivered to the correct recipient at the correct address , apartment number etc. If you are unavailable at the time of delivery your order will be held at the local Australian FEDEX center and a calling card left at your delivery address to organise re-delivery or pickup.
How do I check for stock levels?
Email "email@example.com" to enquire about current stock levels for the . We aim to stock popular items at all times and are able to quickly order in products if they are currently not in stock. In the event of product backorder or product discontinuation your order will be cancelled and a payment request (Paypal) will not be processed.
Do we ship products internationally?
Yes. AudioBuy ship the majority of products to all international locations serviced by FEDEX. You will be notified during checkout if your order is unable to be delivered to your region due to manufacturer restrictions and/or other shipping restrictions. All listed prices are inclusive of FEDEX shipping costs.
What are our hours of operation?
Stock inventory and order related enquiries are monitored and responded to everyday excluding major public holidays (Monday-Sunday). Orders are physically shipped during standard FEDEX hours (Monday-Friday , excluding major public holidays). Paypal invoices for order processing are issued Monday-Friday excluding major public holidays.
When will my order be delivered?
Following Paypal payment your order will be FEDEX dispatched within 1-2 business days if your order is in stock. If your order is only in stock with the manufacturer then we will require up to 10 business days to FEDEX dispatch your order. After your order has been shipped we will email your FEDEX tracking number to the email address you provided during checkout / account sign-up. The average FEDEX transit time is 3-5 business days to most international locations.
Can you price match with another retailer?
Yes. Contact "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the product name and the competing website's URL. Our total price including FEDEX delivery is currently . When comparing prices with Australian or international retailers be aware that their prices may not include international or domestic FEDEX shipping costs.