The Tascam DR-680MKII Digital Recorder features 6 mic/line inputs and digital input channels which allow simultaneous recording of up to 8 tracks at 96 kHz/24-bit. Featuring 6 XLR/TRS inputs with phantom power, and a digital input for versatility. Record live music with multiple mics, capture sound effects in surround, or document film shoots or events with multiple microphones.
When you don't need the digital input, a two-channel mix can be recorded to tracks 7 and 8. The internal monitoring mix can be recorded as a stereo track, with completely separate level and pan settings from the 6 independent tracks. Share a stereo mix immediately, while retaining the multitrack version for mix down
TASCAM premium HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps
Microphone preamps have a significant impact on the quality of the recorded audio. The DR-680MKII has HDDA mic preamps - designed by TASCAM with carefully selected components. Each HDDA mic preamp is built with a differential amplification circuit that employs discrete architecture, and made with parts selected for their audio quality. These preamps also provide +48V phantom power.
8-channels recording at 96kHz/24-bit (6 tracks + stereo mix track) or 2 tracks at 192kHz/24-bit
In addition to WAV format, this unit also records in BWF format - which stores the recording start times in the metadata. Using the WAV/BWF format, the DR-680KII can record 8 channels at 96kHz/24-bit (6 tracks + stereo track) or 2 tracks at 192kHz/24-bit.
Simultaneous recording of 4 channels in MP3 format possible
Recording of MP3 files with up to 4 channels is also possible at 96, 128, 192 and 320 kbps. This allows efficient control of files sizes when in situations requiring long recording times. Stereo or mono file can be selected for file type.
Digital output and 6 unbalanced line outputs
The unit has a built-in coaxial digital input and output (S/PDIF, AES/EBU) and 6 unbalanced line outputs. By connecting a mixer to the outputs, this unit can be used as a 6-track playback device.
Mid-side mic decoding mode
The built-in mid-side decoder enables use with mid-side stereo mics. The 1-2, 3-4 and 5-6 channel pairs can each be set separately. Decoding is possible during recording or when monitoring.
The Cascade function allows transport control of multiple units using a master unit.
When using the cascade function, the master unit controls the REC/PAUSE start (front of unit) and the STOP and PLAY/PAUSE keys (on the top) from multiple DR-680mkII units at the same time.
GANG function allows the input gain of multiple channels to be operated simultaneously
The GANG function allows multiple linked channels to be controlled at the same time on the TRIM, PAN and LEVEL screens.
Rugged, compact construction provides excellent resistance to vibration and environmental conditions
SD, SDHC and SDXC cards are used as recording and playback media, and the compact form offers excellent vibration resistance. Along with the included shoulder strap, this unit has a built-in folding stand for tabletop use, making operation easy in a variety of situations.
- SD/SDHC/SDXC cards used as recording/playback media
- 6 balanced mic/line inputs (1-4: XLR/TRS combo jacks, 5-6: TRS jacks)
- 6 unbalanced outputs (RCA pin jacks)
- COAXIAL digital input and output (S/PDIF, AES/EBU)
- Recording/playback formats: BWF, WAV, and MP3
- With BWF format, recording starting times can be stored in files
- 8-track recording at 24-bit/96kHz (BWF, WAV)
- 6 mic/line inputs and stereo mix recording or 6 mic/line input and digital stereo recording
- Record MP3 files at 96, 128, 192 and 320 kbps
- Record 4-channel MP3 files
- From 4 mic/line inputs (XLR/TRS combo jacks) or 2 mic/line inputs and digital stereo inputs
- 2-track recording at 24-bit/192kHz (BWF, WAV)
- From 2 mic/line inputs or digital stereo inputs
- Digital inputs and outputs support double speed 96 kHz and quad speed 192 kHz
- Sampling frequencies: 44.1, 48, 96, 192 kHz (BWF, WAV) 44.1, 48 kHz (MP3)
- Quantization bit depth: 16/24-bit (BWF, WAV)
- 6 channels of TASCAM HDDA mic preamps for high audio quality with 48V phantom power
- Limiter and low-cut filter available on each mic/line input
- Built-in stereo monitoring mixer for headphone mix and/or recording
- Dual recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels
- GANG function allows the input gain of multiple channels to be operated simultaneously
- Pre-recording function allows the capture of audio two seconds before recording is started
- Automatic recording function can start and stop recording automatically in response to the input signal level (48, 24, 12 or 6 dB)
- Even when multiple tracks are used, all recordings made at the same time can be managed as a single take/file
- Up to 1000 takes and 5000 files can be recorded on a single card
- Mark function can be used to move to specific points (up to 99 marks per take)
- Wheel can be used to change the playback position
- Repeat playback function
- Cascade function allows transport control of multiple DR-680MKII units using a master unit
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- High-speed transfer of files to a computer using USB 2.0
- 12864-dot matrix display with backlight
- Built-in mono speaker with 500mW output
- Headphone output and level control (50mW+50mW/ 32ohm)
- Powered by 8 AA batteries or the included AC adapter
- USB cable and shoulder strap included
- Folding stand convenient for tabletop use
Limitations : For products shipped internationally, please note that any manufacturer warranty may not be valid; manufacturer service options may not be available; product manuals, instructions, and safety warnings may not be in destination country languages; the products (and accompanying materials) may not be designed in accordance with destination country standards, specifications, and labeling requirements; and the products may not conform to destination country voltage and other electrical standards (requiring use of an adapter or converter if appropriate). The recipient is responsible for assuring that the product can be lawfully imported to the destination country. When ordering from Ubuy or its affiliates, the recipient is the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country. Not all the products listed on AudioBuy Australia are for sale, as AudioBuy is a global search engine. Products are subject to export/trade regulations.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Australia are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
What is the process after I checkout?
Following checkout your order number will be generated and stock availability confirmed before a Paypal invoice is emailed to your registered email address. If your order is not in stock and cannot be shipped within 10 business days then your order will be cancelled. If your order is in stock or can be ordered from the manufacturer for FEDEX dispatch within 10 business days then we will email a Paypal invoice to complete payment.
Following checkout your Paypal invoice will be emailed to you within 24 hours if your entire is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer (Monday-Friday). You will receive a Paypal invoice (request for payment) from AudioBuy or from one of our shipping partners.
When do I pay?
You do not pay at checkout. If your order is in stock or readily available from the manufacturer then a Paypal payment request (invoice) will be emailed to you from AudioBuy or from one of our shipping partners. This is to ensure that we do not collect payment for orders which cannot be promptly dispatched and delivered.
Will my shipped order be delivered safely and securely?
All Australian orders are shipped with FEDEX and are marked as "fragile" to ensure that your ordered items are securely and safely handled prior to final delivery. All orders are dispatched with protective casing and packaging to further protect your ordered item(s) during transit to your delivery address. All orders require signature upon delivery to ensure that your order is delivered to the correct recipient at the correct address , apartment number etc. If you are unavailable at the time of delivery your order will be held at the local Australian FEDEX center and a calling card left at your delivery address to organise re-delivery or pickup.
How do I check for stock levels?
Email "email@example.com" to enquire about current stock levels for the . We aim to stock popular items at all times and are able to quickly order in products if they are currently not in stock. In the event of product backorder or product discontinuation your order will be cancelled and a payment request (Paypal) will not be processed.
Do we ship products internationally?
Yes. AudioBuy ship the majority of products to all international locations serviced by FEDEX. You will be notified during checkout if your order is unable to be delivered to your region due to manufacturer restrictions and/or other shipping restrictions. All listed prices are inclusive of FEDEX shipping costs.
What are our hours of operation?
Stock inventory and order related enquiries are monitored and responded to everyday excluding major public holidays (Monday-Sunday). Orders are physically shipped during standard FEDEX hours (Monday-Friday , excluding major public holidays). Paypal invoices for order processing are issued Monday-Friday excluding major public holidays.
When will my order be delivered?
Following Paypal payment your order will be FEDEX dispatched within 1-2 business days if your order is in stock. If your order is only in stock with the manufacturer then we will require up to 10 business days to FEDEX dispatch your order. After your order has been shipped we will email your FEDEX tracking number to the email address you provided during checkout / account sign-up. The average FEDEX transit time is 3-5 business days to most international locations.
Can you price match with another retailer?
Yes. Contact "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the product name and the competing website's URL. Our total price including FEDEX delivery is currently . When comparing prices with Australian or international retailers be aware that their prices may not include international or domestic FEDEX shipping costs.