While prolific guitar sideman Pete Thorn may refer to himself as a “guitar nerd” – his resume proves he’s anything but. His effortless, dynamic playing has landed him onstage alongside such legendary artists as Don Henley, Chris Cornell and Melissa Etheridge among others — and his debut solo CD Guitar Nerd garnered critical praise and landed on CD Baby’s top selling albums list.
Pete has been a Suhr artist for over 10 years, and has previously partnered with Suhr to design and produce his signature PT100 amplifier and Thornbucker pickups. Now, we are debuting his Signature guitar at NAMM 2017. The guitar is based off of a custom spec Suhr Standard model that Pete has used extensively in the studio and on tour for the last two years. It’s equipped with Thornbucker pickups (with pickup rings, a first for Suhr) and a super comfortable and fast Even C Slim neck.
This guitar is designed to be a sleek, versatile tone machine with a stunning yet understated look that exudes class and rock and roll attitude.
New for 2019 – Wilkinson Locking Tremolo
After months of extensive testing and critical listening, we are pleased to announce the new Wilkinson Locking Tremolo, now available on the Pete Thorn Signature Series Standard.
This innovative design employs a set screw on top of each saddle to lock the string in place. The tuning stability is comparable to that of a double-locking system, yet the tone and feel is similar to a non-locking, two-post bridge. The action and intonation is simple to adjust, and there’s no need to cut off the ball ends of the strings. Simply feed the string through the steel block as usual, lock the set screw, and you are good to go!
NECK PROFILE EVEN C SLIM
- Measures .800″-.880″ with a 1.650″ nut width.
FRETS JUMBO STAINLESS STEEL
- Measures .057″x.110″.
SUHR LOCKING TUNERS
- Proprietary Suhr locking tuners provide improved tuning stability, easy string changes, and an 18:1 gear ratio.
- Suhr Thornbucker+ Bridge humbucker.
- Suhr Thornbucker Neck humbucker.
- Alnico 4 & 5 “Special” magnets.
- Body Shape: Standard
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Wood: Chambered Mahogany
- Top Wood: 3/16" Plain Maple
- Body Binding: Scraped
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard Wood: Indian Rosewood
- Neck Back Shape: Even C Slim .800"-.880"
- Fingerboard Radius: 10"-14"
- Frets: Jumbo Stainless Steel (.057"x.110")
- Nut: 1.650" Tusq
- Headstock: Laser Engraved Pete Thorn Signature
- Bridge Pickup: Thornbucker+ (Raw Nickel)
- Neck Pickup: Thornbucker (Raw Nickel)
- Tuning Machines: Suhr Locking
- Bridge: Gotoh 510 with steel block
- Color: Chrome
- Case: Hardshell Black
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.