Using a top-quality amplifier like the SPL Phonitor 2 for your headphones and studio monitors ensures that you're hearing the most accurate representation of your recordings. This amp provides transparent performance at all volume levels. Its 120-volt operation delivers ample headroom, astonishing dynamic range, and an ultra-low noise floor. The Phonitor Matrix mode uses spatial processing to give you a loudspeaker-like listening experience with headphones, and switchable signal levels allow you to calibrate for virtually any headphones or monitor speakers. With three input sources, versatile metering, and helpful signal controls, the SPL Phonitor 2 is a capable monitor amp for any system.
SPL Phonitor 2 Headphone/Monitor Amplifier
- Wide dynamic range and ample headroom thanks to 120V operation
- Phonitor Matrix gives you a loudspeaker-like monitoring experience with headphones
- Control volume with any infrared remote control
- Flexible I/O and signal levels for easy integration into your system
Wide dynamic range and ample headroom thanks to 120V operation
The Phonitor 2 employs SPL-designed op-amps that operate at 120 volts, resulting in an amazing 150dB of dynamic range. The noise floor is virtually nonexistent. Transients come through without any loss of detail, presence, or spatial reference. You'll hear every nuance in your recordings, and the high headroom means you'll hear the same level of sonic accuracy at any volume level.
Phonitor Matrix gives you a loudspeaker-like monitoring experience with headphones
You'll be able to use your headphones more effectively when you monitor through the SPL Phonitor 2. The Phonitor Matrix re-creates the spacial effects of listening on stereo loudspeakers (listening angle and crosstalk between left and right channels) in your headphones. Recording engineers at AudioBuy.com.au Australia know that headphones are a great tool for magnifying edit points, unwanted clicks and pops, fades, and other details in your recordings. For this type of editing, turn off the Phonitor Matrix spatial processing. Then turn the Phonitor Matrix mode on when you're ready to make adjustments to panning, EQ, effects sends and other mixing tasks. The realistic stereo imaging of the Phonitor Matrix mode will allow you to achieve better mixing results than you otherwise would with headphones.
Control volume with any infrared remote control
For remote volume control, the SPL Phonitor 2 is ready to work with virtually any infrared remote control. The remote circuit uses a motor to physically control the volume pot, so your audio signal remains in the analog domain the entire time - no loss of dynamic range or sonic detail.
Flexible I/O and signal levels for easy integration into your system
For studio monitoring, the SPL Phonitor 2 is ready to interface with a wide range of gear. You've got two pairs of XLR inputs and a pair of RCA inputs, for a total of three input sources. The RCA inputs can be toggled between -10dBV (consumer level) and +4dBu (pro level). A pair of XLR outputs on the rear panel can be used to drive powered speakers, a power amplifier, or headphone distribution system. The headphone output is conveniently placed on the front panel.
SPL Phonitor 2 Headphone/Monitor Amplifier Features
- Amplifier and source selector for headphones and studio monitors
- Ample headroom and ultra-high dynamic range thanks to 120-volt operation
- High operating voltage means extreme sonic accuracy and transparency at any volume level
- Optimized for all headphones over 10 ohms (over 40 ohms for balanced headphones)
- Phonitor Matrix loudspeaker emulation adds crosstalk and listening angle to headphone signals for a loudspeaker-like monitoring experience
- Virtually nonexistent noise floor
- Volume can be controlled with any infrared remote control (not included)
- Perfect for editing, mixing and home listening
Provide better sound for your headphones and monitor speakers, with the SPL Phonitor 2!
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.