The X.Sum design takes you beyond the simple hard-left or hard-right summing box, and gives you 16 stereo input channels with level, pan, mix assign and mono select.
If you need more than simple summing, then you need the X.Sum.
The X.Sum is a 32 x 4 line mixer that can be used for external DAW summing or as a line mixer for synths, samplers, and effect returns. Any of the 16 stereo channels can be assigned to either the main stereo Mix output or the stereo Mix-B output.
The In's & Out's
Connect the X.Sum to virtually any line level source: balanced, unbalanced, transformer, or transformer-less. The X.Sum has high headroom that will handle balanced signals up to +28dBu. All audio inputs and outputs are fully balanced and available on TRS connectors.
Looking a bit closer at the rear panel, you will notice a Multi-function I/O connector. This connection increases the functionailty of the X.Sum's inputs and outputs.
The X.Sum includes an external breakout box that adds connectors for the Mix-B outputs and "Pre" Mix-A outputs. The left/right "Pre" Mix-A outputs bypass the X.Sum's master section so you can use your own external preamps to add character and color to your mix.
The X.Sum is the work of Vince Poulos, the designer and owner of Speck Electronics. Speck Electronics has been producing quality professional audio products for over 30 years. Founded in 1973, Speck Electronics has consistently provided innovations in audio products for all segments of professional recording and touring.
Speck Electronics X.Sum Mixer Features
- 16 Stereo Line Inputs: Stereo level control; Pan/balance control; Mix assign switch that routes input channel to the main stereo mix or Mix-B stereo mix; Mono Switch; Left and right balanced TRS inputs.
- Master Section: Master level control; Stereo/mono switch; Monitor/Phone level provides; adjustment to headphone jack and Mix-B output; Balanced TRS stereo mix output.
- Multi-purpose I/O connector.
- Expandable to 128 inputs.
- Breakout Box & Expander cables: Combo breakout for Mix-B and Mix-A outputs. Cables to link 2, 3, or 4 X.Sum's.
Speck Electronics X.Sum Mixer Tech Specifications
- Frequency Response (12 dB gain): 3Hz-54kHz (+0/-.5dB)
- THD+n (Gain 12, Output +24dBu): .0024%
- Noise (22Hz-22kHz): -102dBu (Residual output noise) -87dBu (16 channels routed, faders off)
- Maximum Input Level: +28dBu
- Maximum Output Level: +28dBu
- Input Impedance: 30K Ohms (Balanced) 15K Ohms (Unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 60 Ohms
- Dimensions (Mixer): WxHxD=1.75" x 19" x 10.75" (44mm x 483mm x 273mm) Dimensions (Power Supply): WxHxD=4.6" x 2.75" x 7.3" (117mm x 70mm x 185mm)
- Shipping Weight (Mixer & PS): 15 Lbs (6.8kg)
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.