The 2-channel 702 is a powerful file-based digital audio recorder. The compact device records and plays back audio to cost-effective, removable Compact Flash cards, making field recording simple and fast. It writes and reads uncompressed PCM audio at 16 or 24 bits with sampling rates between 32kHz and 192kHz. Compressed (MP3) audio playback is also supported.Sound Devices 702 Digital Recorder at a Glance
- Premium preamps for high-bandwidth recording
- Pro features, compact size, ease of use
- Reliable CompactFlash storage
The 702 implements a no-compromise audio path that includes Sound Devices' next-generation microphone preamplifiers. Designed specifically for high-bandwidth, high-bit-rate digital recording, these preamps set a new standard for frequency response linearity, low distortion performance, and low noise.
Pro features, compact size, ease of use
Few recorders on the market match the 702's size or feature set. In addition, its learning curve is quite short - powerful does not mean complicated. While the 702T is a very capable recorder by itself, it truly excels when used in conjunction with an outboard audio mixer such as Sound Devices' own 442 or 302.
Reliable CompactFlash storage
The 702's CompactFlash storage is a highly-reliable industry standard. The removable, rechargeable battery is the popular Sony-compatible Li-ion camcorder cell. The 702 interconnects with Windows and Mac OS computers for convenient data transfer and backup.Sound Devices 702 Digital Recorder Features
- Two channels of Sound Devices next-generation microphone preamps with phantom, limiters, and highpass filters
- Records removable Compact Flash cards for convient file audio file storage
- AES3 (XLR) or AES3id (unbalanced AES on BNC) digital inputs and AES3id outputs
- Programmable, sunlight-viewable LED level metering
- WAV format, mono or poly files, uncompressed PCM audio
- 24-bit or 16-bit (with or without dither) and sampling at 32kHz-192kHz
- MP3/MP2 decoder, 64 to 320 kb/s stereo file
- FireWire (IEEE-1394) port for high-speed computer access ot the Compact Flash card
- 6-pin modular C. Link serial input and output for unit linking and control with the CL-1
- Removable Li-on rechargeable battery compatible with Sony M- and L-mount Li-on batteries
- 10-18 VDC external input powers and charges on-board battery
- Aluminum & stainless-steel chassis for exceptional durability and light weight
- Class-defining compact size
- Designed for the same operational environmental extremes as Sound Devices field mixers
Free Shipping Within Australia
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Australia Wide|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Buy gear online in Australia , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all FEDEX serviced locations. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Australia are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Free shipping to all Australian regions including Sydney , Melbourne , Brisbane , Perth , Adelaide , Gold Coast , Newcastle and Canberra.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).