Solid State Logic XLogic Alpha Channel at a Glance
- SSL analog channel processing for your audio workstation
- Pro mic preamp with line and instrument level switching,
- Studio-class EQ, filter and limiter sections
- Variable Harmonic Drive circuit
Building upon the exceptional success of the XLogic range of analog rack processors, the XLogic Alpha Channel is poised to bring the elusive SSL 'sound' to a whole new generation of producers and engineers. With all the features needed to record great vocal or instrument tracks, the Alpha Channel offers a studio class mic pre and processing based on SSL's years of experience in designing the world's leading analog recording consoles. A huge proportion of the music you know and love was recorded on SSL, renowned for the superior audio qualities you've heard on countless hit records. That elusive sonic ingredient is in the Alpha Channel.
Pro Mic Preamp
Alpha Channel offers the classic combination of a studio-class mic preamp, highpass filter, parametric EQ, analog to digital conversion as standard and 'Lite Limit' limiting. The preamp is ultra-clean as only SSL can offer, and features line-level and hi-Z instrument input switches, so you can record your guitar, bass, keyboards, and etc direct through your gold SSL channel into your DAW via analog or digital outputs. The Alpha Channel preamp section also offers the features any pro would expect including 48V phantom power, phase invert switches.
Studio-class EQ, Filter and Limiter
The processing section of the XLogic Alpha Channel features a 3-band SSL parametric EQ with mid frequency Q control and dual LF curves, plus a highpass filter with selectable 40Hz, 80Hz or 120Hz cut-off frequency. To keep your input signal from distorting or overloading the built-in limiter features intelligent auto-limiting that maximizes recording headroom and avoids DAC clipping. If SSL processing onboard isn't enough for you, the XLogic Alpha Channel has an insert send/return system with sync for additional processing, insert sum, or multi unit cascade so you can have a stereo gold channel of SSL or more.
Variable Harmonic Drive Circuit
The SSL XLogic Alpha Channel also features the unique SSL 'VHD' (Variable Harmonic Drive) circuit that adds SSL's classic analog sound to DAW recordings by offering controlled 2nd or 3rd harmonic distortion. With its combination of tube-style 2nd harmonic or transistor-style 3rd harmonic degradation, VHD is like a time machine of distortion characteristics.
Solid State Logic XLogic Alpha Channel Features
- Professional ultra-clean mic preamp with line level & hi-Z instrument input switches
- 48V Phantom Power And Phase Invert Switches
- Variable Harmonic Drive circuit; a "Time Machine" of distortion characteristics
- highpass filter with selectable 40Hz, 80Hz or 120Hz cut-off frequency
- Insert send/return system with sync for additional processing, insert sum or multi unit cascade
- Built-in professional quality analog to digital conversion - as standard
- Auto sample rate sensing and self-adjustment
- Three band SSL parametric EQ with mid frequency Q control and dual LF curves
- Intelligent auto limiting that maximizes recording headroom and avoids DAC clipping
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.