The X-Desk from Solid State Logic is a 16 channel summing mixer that also acts as the analog audio hub of your studio. It has a clever and impressively flexible input and output scheme on D-Sub connectors that make it a useful tool in a variety of recording studio applications. With multiple monitor outputs and comprehensive monitoring controls, a talkback section, and many other features, the X-Desk acts as an indispensable utility with world-class audio and build quality.
You can use the X-Desk during tracking, taking the feed from microphone preamps, DI boxes, and line-level sources, and sending them to a DAW or recording device while also patching together a cue mix for the artists. The X-Desk can also be used during mix down. You can reassign the cue channels to accept an alternate input, essentially transforming it into a 16 channel summing mixer. The main stereo mix bus features an insert (that can be used for a stereo master bus compressor). There are also inserts on every channel, as well as aux sends and returns.
The idea behind the X-Desk is to bring the audio performance of larger SSL consoles to a compact, portable format. The X-Desk accomplishes this by featuring the same SuperAnalogue DNA found in SSL's acclaimed AWS 900+, Duality, and Matrix consoles. In the event that you require a larger console, several X-Desk units can be cascaded together for a total of 160 channels. It can also cascade with SSL's X-Rack systems.
The X-Desk fits in a standard 19" rack (rack ears included, requires 7 spaces), but it's just as at home on your desk as the centerpiece of your studio. Complete with accurate bar graph metering and smooth 100 mm faders (with pre and post buttons on every channel), the X-Desk ties together the separate elements of your studio, and does so with uncompromising audio circuitry.
- Voltage : International Power Supply 100-240VAC
- SuperAnalogue - audio purity at the highest level
- 8 dual input mono line channels, 16 channel mixdown
- 8 insert send/return channels
- Stereo CUE and 2 mono auxiliary sends
- Cascade with X-Rack and other X-Desks for bigger systems
- Talkback system for artist communication
- Dim & cut buttons
- Independent main and alternate stereo monitor outputs
- SSL stereo mix bus with external summing and inserts
- 2 stereo returns with level, pan, and bus assignment
- iJack front panel input for portable playback devices
- High quality internal PSU
- D-sub channel I/O connection for studio integration
- 19" rack mount ears included
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.