For 2015 Schecter took the Diamond-J shape and redesigned it from the ground up to have a Vintage look while having top of the line electronics, versatile tone possibilities, and modern construction.
Starting with the Seymour Duncan Pickups, the Bridge & Neck are the Quarter Pound J SJ5-3. Developed for the bassist who needs the slammin' output of the Hot but with even stronger attack. The quarter-inch pole pieces and intense windings deliver a full response with great sustain.
The Master Volume knob features a Phase Switch Push-Pull pot wired for the Quarter Pound J Bridge pickup. In Down position the Seymour Duncan SJ5-3 is wired in phase for normal tone when combined with the Neck pickup. In Up position the Bridge pickup is wired out-of-phase when combined with the Neck pickup. This produces an original nasally honky tone with lots of emphasis on the Midrange. Previously a difficult tone to work with because the Low-end is cut until now since adding the Seymour Duncan 2-Band Active EQ with 18v system the Bass can be boosted creating a very unique tone that can be used for Tailoring your original sound.
Schecter was looking for the most versatile tone possibilities so they developed this bass with a 4-Way Rotary Pickup Selector Switch. This gives you the option to combine the Bridge and Neck pickup in ‘Series' or in ‘Parallel'.
- Position 1- Bridge Pickup
- Position 2- Bridge & Neck in Parallel. This is the normal side by side wiring method for two bass pickups. This position retains brilliance and additional clarity on the high end. The Neck is RW/RP for hum canceling when both pickups are used together.
- Position 3- Bridge & Neck in Series. This humbucker wiring method adds 30% Output compared to Parallel adding a fuller, and more powerful sound.
- Position 4- Neck Pickup
They took these wiring features and then added the Seymour Duncan 2-Band Active EQ with 18v system for even more tone shaping versatility. This enables the player to add or subtract EQ at center frequencies voiced specifically for electric bass. The lows are deep, clear, and tight. There are two treble dip switch frequency centers to choose from. The lower setting is perfect for adding growl and bite to traditional P, J, and MM tones. The higher setting provides crystal clear top end to modern-sounding, full-frequency bass tones with punishing clarity without any brittleness.
After Schecter got the Electronics tricked out they worked on the Construction of the bass.
The bolt-on neck joint was reshaped and contoured for smoother access to the higher frets. The neck is bolted down with six bolts for a stronger neck/body bond. Carbon fiber reinforcement rods are used in the neck to strengthen the neck relief and preventing any neck shifting. The fretboard features a 12" radius adding a modern roundness to the feel.
The Wilkinson WBBC bridge was customized with a string-thru body design for a vintage look and sound, and modern string-thru for added string resonance and increased sustain. Grover 142 series vintage bass tuners combine precision and durability with classic styling which make these bass machine heads ideal for a vintage look and modern functions. The die cast housing is a sturdy foundation for maintaining center lines of the worm and gear. A fixed bearing surface in the housing creates a smooth tuning surface for easy tuning and 22:1 gear ratio. The safety string post and "elephant ear" button provide utility and a vintage look.
Schecter Guitar Research Diamond-J 5 Plus Five-String Electric Bass Guitar Features
- Construction: 6 Bolt-on
- Body Material: Swamp Ash
- Top Contour: Flat Top
- Neck Material: Maple w/ Carbon Fiber Reinforcement Rods
- Fretboard Material: Maple
- Binding: Black 1-ply
- Inlays: Ebony Blocks
- Scale: 35" (889mm)
- Frets: 20 Narrow X-Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 12" (305mm)
- Neck Shape: Thin ‘C'
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .826" (21mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .905" (23mm)
- Nut: Graph Tech XL Black Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.771" (45mm)
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ 5/32" (4mm) Allen Nut
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound 5-String J SJ5-3
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound 5-String J SJ5-3
- Controls: Master Volume (Phase Push-Pull)/4-Way Rotary Pickup Selector Switch/Active Seymour Duncan 2-Band 'STC-2S-B0' EQ
- Battery Compartment: 18-volt w/Screw Plate
- Hardware Color: Chrome
- Bridge: Wilkinson Bass WBBC w/Custom String Thru Body
- Tuners: Grover Bass 144 Series
- Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw
- Country of Origin: South Korea
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.