The TD-27 V-Drums module is loaded with the finest acoustic drum sounds you’ve ever heard. Roland’s Prismatic Sound Modeling produces drums that not only sound exceptional, but also respond just like real acoustic instruments when you play them. Advanced digital trigger inputs support Roland digital pads for unmatched expression, while new PureAcoustic Ambience Technology offers a variety of inspiring drumming spaces at the touch of a button. A wide selection of electronic sounds from Roland’s rich sonic history are also included, providing must-have sounds for modern styles. And by loading and layering your own samples with internal drums, you’re able to craft sounds that no other drummer can claim.
Derived from the flagship TD-50 module, the TD-27 is filled with drums that live and breathe like real acoustic instruments. We start by sampling the finest drums, percussion, and cymbals—both vintage and modern—in world-class recording studios. Roland’s unique Prismatic Sound Modeling is then applied to the samples, bringing them alive with proprietary behavior modeling refined over two decades. Every time you play a drum or cymbal in the module, you're not simply triggering a canned sound—you're playing a full-bodied instrument that responds like its acoustic counterpart in every way, putting unlimited sonic range at your command.
Roland’s cutting-edge digital pad technology brings even deeper realism to the V-Drums experience. The TD-27 module features three digital trigger inputs, which work with advanced Roland digital pads like the PD-140DS snare and CY-18DR ride to deliver the most natural expression of your drumming. Multiple sensors and lightning-fast processing work together for truly amazing response, enabling you to play genuine techniques in the most natural way, with every nuance precisely detected and perfectly translated. And if you’re not ready for digital pads just yet, the TD-27 also has analog trigger inputs for standard snare and ride pads.
With an acoustic kit, you make the sound your own by swapping head types, adjusting the tuning, applying damping, tweaking the snare wire tension, changing out the kick beater, and more. This is all possible with the TD-27 module, with hands-on controls and deep editing options that allow you to craft customized kits for any situation. You can also load your own WAV samples via SD media, using them on their own or layering them with internal sounds.
New PureAcoustic Ambience Technology optimizes each kit, creating an incredibly natural and immersive sound field when playing. But you can go deeper too, and adjust the mic position on each drum kit, and dial in the overall sound with the newly developed overhead mic simulator. Finally, advanced onboard multi-effects and mixing capabilities give you the power of a full-scale studio console, with transient, parametric EQs, compressors, reverbs, delays, and more at your command.
The TD-27 is a powerful command center for any electronic drumming setup, with ample connectivity options for both stage and studio use. There are stereo outputs for the overall drum sound, plus two direct outputs for sending kick, snare, and other sounds to an audio console for independent mixing. The built-in USB audio interface makes computer music production simple, with up to 28 discrete audio channels available over a single cable. MIDI is also supported via USB and dedicated I/O, allowing you to sync with other MIDI devices and trigger sounds in computer software.
In addition to its three digital trigger inputs, the TD-27 module features a multi-pin analog trigger jack for fast and easy connection with any standard V-Drums pad arrangement via an included cable. There’s also a dedicated analog trigger input for a second crash cymbal pad, plus three auxiliary trigger inputs for customizing your setup by adding Roland kick, tom and cymbal pads, or trigger pads like the BT-1.
With the practice features in the TD-27 module, you’ll always look forward to the next playing session. Built-in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream audio from a phone or laptop to the module, perfect for immersive jams with headphones. Play along with favorite music tracks or mix the sound from a YouTube lesson video with the kit. Onboard coach functions build skills and track your progress, while the advanced metronome helps improve your inner clock. And at any time, you can record your playing and listen back to hear what you need to work on.
- Advanced sound module with Prismatic Sound Modeling derived from the flagship TD-50
- Three digital trigger inputs for advanced Roland trigger pads like the 14” PD-140DS digital snare and 18” CY-18DR digital ride cymbal
- Hands-on interface for quick-and-easy selecting and personalizing drum sounds
- Drum in inspiring sound spaces with newly developed PureAcoustic Ambience Technology
- Overhead mic simulator and studio-level effects for processing drum sounds
- Import your own WAV samples via an SD card
- Stereo mix output and two assignable outputs for sending individual drum sounds to a PA mixer
- Integrated 28-channel USB audio interface for professional computer music production
- Multi-pin trigger jack and included cable for connecting with a standard V-Drums pad setup
- Dedicated Crash 2 trigger input and three auxiliary trigger inputs for easy kit expansion
- Onboard Bluetooth for drumming with music from a smartphone or laptop
- Built-in practice functions for developing drumming skills
- Drum kits: 100 (Preset: 55)
- Instruments: 728
- User Sample Import
- Number of User Sample: Maximum 500 (includes factory preloaded user samples)
- Sound Length (total): 24 minutes in mono, 12 minutes in stereo
- File formats that can be loaded: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16/24 bits)
- Effect Types
- Pad Compressor: each pad
- Pad Equalizer: each pad
- Overhead Mic Simulator
- Multi-Effects: 3 systems, 30 types
- Master Compressor
- Master Equalizer
- Supported standards: Bluetooth Ver 4.2
- Supported profile: A2DP (Audio), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Codec: SBC (Support to the content protection of the SCMS-T method)
- Song Player (SD Card): File format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16/24 bits), MP3 *1
- Recording Method: Realtime
- Maximum length: 60 min (temporary recording: 3 min) *2
- File format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bits)
- Display: Graphic LCD 256 x 80 dots
- External Memory: SD Card (SDHC supported)
- TRIGGER INPUT connector x 1: DB-25 type (Kick, Snare, Tom1, Tom2, Tom3, Hi-hat, Crash1, Ride, Ride Bell, Hi-Hat Control) *3
- TRIGGER IN jack x 4: 1/4-inch TRS phone type (CRASH 2, AUX1, AUX2, AUX3) *3
- DIGITAL TRIGGER IN port x 3: USB A type
- MASTER OUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- DIRECT OUT jack x 2 (MONO): 1/4-inch phone type
- PHONES jack x 1: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- MIX IN jack x 1: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT/THRU) connectors
- USB COMPUTER port x 1: USB B type
- FOOT SW jack x 1: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- DC IN jack
- USB COMPUTER
- Speed: Hi-speed USB
- Driver mode: Generic, Vender
- Protocol: USB MIDI, USB Audio *4
- USB Audio
- Sampling Rate (original): 44.1 kHz
- Sampling Rate (with sampling rate converter): 96 kHz, 48 kHz
- Record: 28 channels
- Playback: 4 channels
- Power Supply: AC adaptor (DC 9 V)
- Current Draw: 770 mA
- Quick Start
- AC adaptor
- Special connection cable
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- Sound module mounting plate
- Wing bolt (M5 x 10) x 2
- Options (sold separately)
- Pads: PD series, PDX series, BT series
- Cymbals: CY series
- Kick: KD series, KT series
- Hi-hat: VH-13, VH-11, VH-10
- Hi-hat control pedal: FD series
- Acoustic drum trigger: RT series
- Footswitch: BOSS FS-5U, FS-6
- Personal drum monitor: PM series
- Noise eater: NE series
- 238 (W) x 204 (D) x 79 (H) mm
- 9-3/8 (W) x 8-1/16 (D) x 3-1/8 (H) inches
- Weight (excluding AC adaptor)
- 1.1 kg
- 2 lbs 7 oz
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.