The battery-powered Roland TB-03 is a direct descendant of the famous TB-303 Bass Line Synth. The layout and controls are unchanged, so it works just like the original. It sounds like it too, thanks to Roland's advanced ACB technology that recreates the hypnotic liquid grooves of the magic silver box. But the TB-03 goes even further, with several enhancements not found on the original model. The four-digit LED display makes programming easier and more accurate, while overdrive and delay effects let you unleash a twisted, tribal wall of sound to send the crowd into a frenzy. Back in the studio, the TB-03 can send control information via MIDI or its USB port, the latter of which also functions as a 24-bit/96 kHz audio interface.
- Realistic recreation of the iconic TB-303 Bass Line synth
- Retains the sound, character, and user interface of the original TB-303
- Hands-on control over expressive parameters, including cutoff, resonance, envelope mod, decay, and accent
- Features not found on the original TB-303, including four-digit LED display, overdrive and delay effects, MIDI, fine tempo control, and additional functions for pattern creation
- Programmable via classic Pitch, Time, and Step write modes
- Continue playing a sequence even while switching between write and play modes
- CV/Gate outputs for controlling vintage analog gear and modular synthesizers
- Dedicated trigger input to drive the internal sequencer
- Highly portable for mobile music making
- High-quality construction with metal front panel
- Battery-operated (4 x AA) or USB powered
- 24 bit/96 kHz stereo IN/OUT USB audio interface
- Control information can be sent and received via MIDI and USB
- Built-in powered mini-speaker for instant enjoyment
- Compatible with optional K-25m Keyboard Unit
You know when you hear a TB-303 -- a hypnotic, tribal sound that works best in dark, crowded rooms with big sound systems. Using the same ACB (Analog Circuit Behavior) technology from the acclaimed AIRA series, the TB-03 accurately emulates the expressive, slippery sound of its older brother, and even adds a few surprises. Saw and square waveforms are available, along with all of the rotary control knobs that help shape the 303's unique character, including tuning, cutoff, resonance, envelop mod, decay, and accent.
The TB-03 includes several enhancements over the original TB-303. Firstly, the four-digit LED display makes programming easier and more detailed, since you now have a visual representation of the value being edited. Then there are a variety of overdrive, delay, and reverb effects that dramatically change the mood and tone of the TB-03, going from smooth to spiky to squealing. Programming patterns is also easier thanks to newly added functions that include step write, shuffle, and fine tempo control. Finally, the inclusion of MIDI and USB ports mean that the TB-03 can send and receive control information and connect easily to computer-based DAWs.
If you're familiar with the TB-303's programming method, then you'll feel right at home with the TB-03. The original Pitch and Time write modes are included, along with an all-new Step mode. Pattern programming is also enhanced by the LED display, which shows the current step in the sequence as well as showing fine tempo values (such as 125.5 BPM). The internal sequencer can be triggered externally via the trigger input, and you can even switch between write and play modes without stopping pattern playback, opening up new possibilities for live performance.
The TB-03 includes MIDI IN/OUT ports and USB, allowing control information to be exchanged with other instruments and devices. This turns the TB-03 into a versatile controller, especially as you can use the CV/Gate output to control external analog gear and modular synthesizers. This level of control works both ways, thanks to the trigger input that lets external gear drive the TB-03's internal sequencer. Once connected to a PC or Mac, both audio and MIDI data can be sent through the USB port.
Some of the best music is made away from the studio, so the Roland Boutique series runs on 4 x AA batteries, ready for when inspiration strikes. Alternatively, the TB-03 can run on USB bus power.
Via its USB port, the TB-03 functions as a high-quality 24-bit/96 kHz audio interface, providing a simple and reliable way of recording directly to your DAW application. You can keep your favorite settings and sequencer patterns safe too via the USB data backup function.
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.