The RSS S-4000 System digital snake solves two age-old problems of live sound and fixed installations at once: it allows you to transfer 40 channels of high-quality audio over an extremely long distance on a single lightweight cable. That means that with an S-4000 System, you don't have signal degradation issues over long cable runs and cable "pull-through" in fixed installations is a snap. As an added bonus, you can easily expand your setup with the Modular design for flexible configuration options of the RSS S-4000 System. The main components of the RSS S-4000 System digital snake are: S-4000S 40-cH I/O Modular Rack; S-4000H 32x8 FOH Unit; and S-4000R Remote Controller
S-4000S 40-channel I/O Modular Rack The S-4000S is the stage connection interface for the S-4000 System. Its modular design supports 40 channels of audio input and output (I/O). As standard, it comes in a 32x8 configuration-32 audio inputs and 8 audio outputs. The "modular" aspect of the S-4000S is in its connectivity. The unit's chassis provides 12 slots for various RSS modules.
The standard 32x8 configuration includes: - Eight SI-AD4 Input Modules-Each SI-AD4 contains four balanced audio inputs with variable gain preamps, phantom power, and pad. Additionally, each input is equipped with a 24-bit/96kHz A/D converter. Two SO-DA4 Output Modules-Each SO-DA4 contains four balanced line level audio outputs. Additionally, each output is equipped with a 24-bit/96kHz D/A converter. - One S-REAC2 Module-This module provides two REAC connection ports-one for the main REAC connection, the other for a redundant backup. - One S-BP Blank Panel-This panel covers the final unused module slot. An optional RSS module can be installed here.RSS S-4000S 40 CH I/O Modular Rack Features
- Modular "stage box" with 32 inputs and 8 outputs on XLR connectors.
- All new, precision-designed XR-1 preamps with massive headroom and clean, warm sound (gain range from -65 to +10 dBu typical, +28 dBu maximum input level).
- Audio signal and system status indicators.
- Two REAC ports (one primary, one redundant).
- RS-232C interface for S-4000R Remote Controller or computer control.
- MUTE ALL OUTPUTS button for noise-free connection of audio sources.
- Connection port for optional redundant power supply.
- 40 channels of 24bit 96kHz audio over one Cat 5e cable
- 80 channels over two Cat 5e cables.
- Unlimited, lossless input splits using standard, inexpensive Ethernet hardware.
- New, precision designed VM-50 preamps with superb headroom and audio characteristics.
- Remote control for the smooth, zipper-free control of preamp gain, individual phantom power, and -20db pad.
- Free Mac/PC software for additional control via RS-232
- Preset memories of preamp settings for fast setup and stage changes
- Redundant Cat 5e port for main audio cable redundancy
- Redundant power supply option for complete system reliability
- Very low protocol latency @ 375 microseconds (that's .0375 seconds!)
- Total System latency typically 1 millisecond
- Modular design for flexible configuration options and future expandability
Free Shipping Within Australia
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Australia Wide|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Buy gear online in Australia , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all FEDEX serviced locations. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Australia are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Free shipping to all Australian regions including Sydney , Melbourne , Brisbane , Perth , Adelaide , Gold Coast , Newcastle and Canberra.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).