The tube amp tone you want without cranking the volume
Rivera's RockCrusher power attenuator and load box could be your gateway to epic tube-amp tonal bliss. The tone of a tube amp is directly related to the power of the signal it receives, and how much amplification is added by the tubes themselves. In other words, if you're not cranking up your tube amp, you're not really hearing its full tone! Unfortunately, it's not always possible (or comfortable!) to turn up your tube amp to its tonal sweet spot, and that's where Rivera's RockCrusher comes in. Put the RockCrusher between your amp and speaker cabinet, and you'll be able to crank up the tone on your amp while keeping your volume down.
The RockCrusher's reactive load network is constantly maintaining the proper relationship of impedance and inductive/capacitive reactance. In guitar-speak, that means the RockCrusher lets you push your amp to its limits so that your tubes reach their tonal potential all while keeping your volume down. If you play a tube amp and want the ability to get killer tone out of it at reasonable volumes, the Rivera RockCrusher is a must-have.
Rivera RockCrusher Power Attenuator Features at a Glance
- 8-ohm and 16-ohm modes let you use the RockCrusher with almost any amp/speaker combination
- Lets you hear your tube amp's tone as you've never heard it before
- Bombproof construction lets you take it to even the wildest gigs
- Balanced XLR and unbalanced 1/4" outputs let you easily interface with your recording gear
- Tonally transparent so that you hear your amp, not the RockCrusher
Hear Mitch Gallagher put his RockCrusher to work
Hover over features below for a detailed description
Paul Rivera Sr. talks about the RockCrusher
Great Tube Tone for Every Occasion
Perfect for stages and studios of any size
Tube amps interact with the impedance load that a speaker cabinet puts on the amp's output — if you plug into your amp and just hook the amp's direct output to a recording device, you won't get the tone you expect. By hooking up the RockCrusher to your amp's speaker outputs, it interacts with all of the tubes in your amp — not just the preamp tubes you hear from your amp's direct output — to provide the true articulate and responsive tone you're looking for. What does this mean for you? You can harness every tiny bit of tone your tubes have been designed to put out, and you get the sound of your amp and pedals, all without worrying about volume. Onstage, the decreased stage volume allows for better monitoring situations and lets your front-of-house engineer mix your signal without fighting your stage levels. In the studio, this means you get to lay down no-compromise guitar tone without bleeding sound into other mics. You paid for every last tube in your amp, so use them!
Why you need the Rivera RockCrusher Power Attenuator for live performance
- Get the true tone of your amp for in-ear monitoring
- Leave your cabinet at home and still get great tone
- For home recording, record real tube tone without waking the baby
- No worries about mic choice or placement
- For professional recording, greater mic isolation during live sessions
- Expanded volume control opens up your miking possibilities
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.