The tube amp tone you want without cranking the volume
Rivera's RockCrusher power attenuator and load box could be your gateway to epic tube-amp tonal bliss. The tone of a tube amp is directly related to the power of the signal it receives, and how much amplification is added by the tubes themselves. In other words, if you're not cranking up your tube amp, you're not really hearing its full tone! Unfortunately, it's not always possible (or comfortable!) to turn up your tube amp to its tonal sweet spot, and that's where Rivera's RockCrusher comes in. Put the RockCrusher between your amp and speaker cabinet, and you'll be able to crank up the tone on your amp while keeping your volume down.
The RockCrusher's reactive load network is constantly maintaining the proper relationship of impedance and inductive/capacitive reactance. In guitar-speak, that means the RockCrusher lets you push your amp to its limits so that your tubes reach their tonal potential all while keeping your volume down. If you play a tube amp and want the ability to get killer tone out of it at reasonable volumes, the Rivera RockCrusher is a must-have.
Rivera RockCrusher Power Attenuator Features at a Glance
- 8-ohm and 16-ohm modes let you use the RockCrusher with almost any amp/speaker combination
- Lets you hear your tube amp's tone as you've never heard it before
- Bombproof construction lets you take it to even the wildest gigs
- Balanced XLR and unbalanced 1/4" outputs let you easily interface with your recording gear
- Tonally transparent so that you hear your amp, not the RockCrusher
Hear Mitch Gallagher put his RockCrusher to work
Hover over features below for a detailed description
Paul Rivera Sr. talks about the RockCrusher
Great Tube Tone for Every Occasion
Perfect for stages and studios of any size
Tube amps interact with the impedance load that a speaker cabinet puts on the amp's output — if you plug into your amp and just hook the amp's direct output to a recording device, you won't get the tone you expect. By hooking up the RockCrusher to your amp's speaker outputs, it interacts with all of the tubes in your amp — not just the preamp tubes you hear from your amp's direct output — to provide the true articulate and responsive tone you're looking for. What does this mean for you? You can harness every tiny bit of tone your tubes have been designed to put out, and you get the sound of your amp and pedals, all without worrying about volume. Onstage, the decreased stage volume allows for better monitoring situations and lets your front-of-house engineer mix your signal without fighting your stage levels. In the studio, this means you get to lay down no-compromise guitar tone without bleeding sound into other mics. You paid for every last tube in your amp, so use them!
Why you need the Rivera RockCrusher Power Attenuator for live performance
- Get the true tone of your amp for in-ear monitoring
- Leave your cabinet at home and still get great tone
- For home recording, record real tube tone without waking the baby
- No worries about mic choice or placement
- For professional recording, greater mic isolation during live sessions
- Expanded volume control opens up your miking possibilities
Free Shipping Within Australia
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Australia Wide|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Buy gear online in Australia , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all FEDEX serviced locations. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Australia are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Free shipping to all Australian regions including Sydney , Melbourne , Brisbane , Perth , Adelaide , Gold Coast , Newcastle and Canberra.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).