Inspired by the legendary Sta-Level tube compressor, the Retro Doublewide is nonetheless its own beast. Built from the ground up for the 500 Series format, the Doublewide packs four NOS 6BJ6 variable-mu tubes into its tiny frame, configured in a fully-complementary push-pull design, providing you with massive-sounding tube compression that fits conveniently in your lunchbox. The Doublewide's tubes are arranged in two gain stages that work in concert with two high-quality Cinemag transformers, imbuing your tracks with a classic, creamy smoothness as it makes them sit beautifully in your mix. At AudioBuy.com.au Australia, we love how the Doublewide maintains a natural, organic quality, even at maximum gain reduction. The Retro Doublewide tube compressor is simply magic - it rocks!
Retro Doublewide 500 Series Tube Compressor
- Full-sized Retro compression in a convenient 500 Series module
- Two timing modes provide versatile functionality
- Robust design will provide you with years of reliable service
Full-sized Retro compression in a convenient 500 Series module
Packing tube gear into a 500 Series module is tricky, mostly because of the power demands inherent in most tube designs. Rather than making compromises in design in order to fit an authentic tube compressor into a small package, the Retro Doublewide was designed from the ground up for the 500 Series format. Under the hood there are four NOS 6BJ6 variable-mu tubes doing the actual compression work, configured in a fully-complementary push-pull design, providing you with all of the creamy smooth character and classic tone that full-sized Retro compressors are known for.
Two timing modes provide versatile functionality
The Retro Doublewide 500 Series tube compressor is far from a one-trick pony. Similar to Retro's Sta-Level and 176, the Doublewide has two timing modes: Single and Double. Single mode is great for taming harsh vocals and unruly bass guitars, while Double mode gives you a program-dependent attack and recovery that's perfect for drums and other sources with fast transients. You can even take a pair of Doublewides, put them in Double mode, and add a luxurious compression signature to an entire mix!
Robust design will provide you with years of reliable service
Built to last, the Retro Doublewide 500 Series tube compressor's circuitry is specially-designed to eliminate excess current inrush and component stress when power is applied. A meter-zero adjustment is accessible from the side of the unit to compensate for tube variations. On top of that, the Doublewide's tubes are self-biased and balanced without need for internal adjustments, making tube replacement simple and straightforward. Your Retro Doublewide will be your reliable studio companion for years!
Retro Doublewide 500 Series Tube Compressor Features
- Full-sized Retro compression in a convenient 2-slot 500 Series module
- Continuously variable input and output levels with fixed threshold
- Continuously variable attack and recovery time
- Single and Double time modes provide versatile functionality
- Fully complementary push-pull signal path
- Cinemag transformer balanced, fully-floating input and output
- Hard-wire bypass switch with gold-plated contacts and edge card connections
- Side-accessible meter zero trim to compensate for tube variations
- Uses readily available NOS 6BJ6 tubes
- Durable stainless steel chassis construction
Add some full-sized Retro compression to your 500 Series rack with the Retro Doublewide tube compressor!
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.