The Radial McBoost is a high performance microphone signal booster designed to elevate the output of a typical dynamic microphone for greater transient response and boost the signal of a low-output ribbon mic to bring it up to a usable level for mixing consoles or preamps that may not provide sufficient gain.
The 100% discrete class-A circuit design begins with a dual-transistor J-FET circuit to produce up to 25dB of gain without introducing noise, color or artifact. Each individual transistor is carefully measured and batch-sorted to comply with the design specification to certify performance. As with all Radial products, the circuit board is then loaded into a 14-gauge, I-beam, reinforced steel enclosure to prevent outside stress from torqueing which otherwise could lead to premature part failure. A book-end cover creates protective zones at each end to safeguard the switches, potentiometer and connectors from the rigors of the road.
Merely connect the McBoost in-line using standard 3-pin XLRs and activate 48V phantom to provide power. Select between three impedance settings to optimize the response and then reduce low-frequency clutter with the 3-position high-pass filter. The McBoost will elevate the output to produce added clarity, excitement and extra drive for long cables whether you are in a recording studio, on a live concert stage or in a broadcast center.
Radial McBoost Microphone Booster Features
- 25dB signal booster for dynamic & ribbon mics
- Extends dynamic range and microphone reach
- ses standard 48V phantom for power
- 3-position load switch and high-pass filter
Radial McBoost Microphone Booster Specs
- Audio circuit type: Class-A Differential FET/Bipolar Hybrid
- Frequency response: 7Hz to 30kHz
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.005% @-30dB
- Dynamic range: 105dB
- Maximum input: -6dBu
- Maximum gain: +25dB
- Equivalent input noise: -120dBu
- Input impedance: 600 Ohm, 2.7k Ohm, 30k Ohm
- Clip level input: -17dBu / -14Bu / -9dBu
- Clip level output: +10dBu
- Noise floor: -95dBu / -98dBu / -113dBu
- Output impedance: 2.2k Ohm
- Intermodulation distortion: 0.01%
- Phase Deviation: 0* @ 20Hz, <10* @ 20kHz
- Gain control: Variable from +4dB to +25dB
- High-pass filter: 100Hz and 55Hz @-3dB
- Filter slope: 6dB / Octave
- XLR configuration: Pin 2 + / Pin 3 / Pin 1 Ground
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Dimensions: (L x W x H) 4.2 x 2.76 x 1.68" (106.7 x 70.1 x 42.7mm)
- Weight: .5 lbs. (0.23kg)
- Shipping size: (L x W x H) 6.25" x 4.25" x 3" (158.7 x 108 x 76.2mm)
- Power: Passive, no power required
Free Shipping Within Australia
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Australia Wide|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Buy gear online in Australia , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all FEDEX serviced locations. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Australia are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Free shipping to all Australian regions including Sydney , Melbourne , Brisbane , Perth , Adelaide , Gold Coast , Newcastle and Canberra.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).