PRS 408 pickups were designed to extend the guitar's tonal spectrum by narrowing the field of the bass pickup to increase its focus and widening the field of the treble pickup to increase its sound field (hence their asymmetric appearance). This pickup configuration (comprised of four coils and offering eight sounds) stems back to Paul's experimentation on the Sorcerers Apprentice guitars in the early 1980s.
Thanks to the simple but versatile switching system featuring mini-toggle switches that provide numerous combinations of humbucking and single coil tones, the 408 Maple Top provides stunning articulation and musical clarity.
PRS Paul Reed Smith 408 10-Top Stop Tail Electric Guitar Specs
- Top Wood: Carved Flame Maple 10 Top
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 25 inches
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood
- Neck Shape: Pattern Thin
- Fingerboard Inlays: Birds
- Headstock Inlay: Rosewood headstock veneer with inlaid signature
- Bridge: PRS stop-tail
- Tuners: PRS Phase III locking tuners
- Truss Rod Cover: "408"
- Hardware Type: Nickel
- Treble Pickup: 408 Treble
- Bass Pickup: 408 Bass
- Pickup Switching: Volume and tone control with 3-way blade pickup switch and two mini-toggle coil tap switches
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.