The Palmer DREI design is more than just a visual extravaganza - it mirrors the concept and the circuitry. For the purest, most natural distortion only a single-ended design will do.
Single-ended tube circuits are straightforward and simple, providing the most organic, raw tube sounds possible. In contrast to the more powerful push-pull designs the output of single-ended circuits usually does not exceed 5 Watts. That is why single-ended circuits are mostly found in small practice amps preferred by many top-notch players for recording.
Main benefits of single-ended amps
- Extremely responsive
- highly interactive and touch sensitive
- purist design with a minimum of components
- direct signal path
- pure, natural distortion
Dating back to the first days of vacuum tubes single-ended amplifiers are nothing new. However, the Palmer DREI incorporates THREE of these providing three times the output power of a standard single-ended design! Moreover, it accepts a variety of output tubes which all have their own unmistakable sound characteristics.
The EL84 is bright and “British” sounding with tons of distortion (think Vox amps), the 6V6 provides somewhat darker tones with a smoother “American” distortion flavor (think Fender), and while it is tight and bright at lower volumes the 6L6 becomes progressively darker when driven hard. With the Palmer DREI you can mix and match power tubes from three distinct amplifier tones and thus create your own voice.
The Palmer DREI works with the following power tubes:
Three different single-ended amps in a single unit - that's the Palmer DREI formula!
Palmer Triple Single Ended Amp Specs
- Product type: guitar amplifiers
- Type: head
- Technology: tube
- Class: A
- Power: 15 W
- Inputs: 1
- Input connectors: 6.3 mm Jack
- Input impedance: 1 M Ohm(s)
- Outputs: 1
- Output connectors: 6.3 mm Jack
- Output impedance: 16, 4, 8 Ohm(s)
- Channels: 1
- Indicators: Power
- Controls: master power amp DREI, master power amp EINS, master power amp ZWEI, mains voltage selector, Power, standby, tone, preamp saturation, preamp saturation treble
- FX loop: no
- Preamp tubes: ECC83
- Power amp tubes: 6L6, 6V6, EL84
- Rectifier: GZ34
- Operating voltage: integrated (115 / 230 V)
- Power consumption: 100 W
- Cabinet material: sheet steel
- Width: 390 mm
- Depth: 250 mm
- Height: 230 mm
- Weight: 14.97 kg
- Features: Compatible with EL84, 6L6, 6V6, KT90, KT77, EL34 power tubes
Free Shipping Within Australia
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Australia Wide|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Buy gear online in Australia , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all FEDEX serviced locations. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Australia are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Free shipping to all Australian regions including Sydney , Melbourne , Brisbane , Perth , Adelaide , Gold Coast , Newcastle and Canberra.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).