The ZeRO SL Mk II has been designed both for the studio and the stage. It equips the modern DAW user with every dimension of hardware control, enabling a hands-on approach to navigating software, mixing and controlling plug-ins. It represents extraordinary value as a controller, integrating a DAW control surface with the most intuitive plug-in mapping capabilities available - presided over by Automap 3 PRO; the most advanced control software on the market.
ZeRO SL Mk II upholds Novation's reputation for building quality hardware. It can be mounted in a 19-inch rack, or used as a desk-top controller, or angled for performance using legs that are included with the unit. Quality is not just reflected in their robustness, but more importantly in the way the ZeRO SL Mk II has been designed with every detail calculated to maximise workflow. The ZeRO SL Mk II's visually feeds back all controller information to the user with back lit buttons and encoder LED rings, making it absolutely ideal for live performances where parameters need to be identified instantly.
The difficulty with other control surfaces is knowing what is assigned to what. ZeRO SL Mk II has a giant 144-character bright LCD screen that displays all the parameter names and values for the currently selected row of controllers. All 8 faders and 16 knobs are touch sensitive, so the moment one is touched, the display shows the names and values on that row and puts brackets around the controller that is currently being touched. This enables the user to see which parameter is assigned to the controller without having to change the value, or refer to their software. ZeRO SL Mk II also has a dedicated 'Speed Dial' knob, which can be used to change the value of any parameter the cursor is positioned over without making any assignments whatsoever.
The 8 continuous rotary encoders have 11 segment LED rings around each of them, allowing encoders to behave like pots so the user can see the value before moving them. All the buttons have LEDs underneath them so users can instantly see their status without having to press them. There are 8 soft-feel drum pads which are fully assignable to any parameter with the Automap software
ZeRO SL Mk II has been designed to draw minimum current so it can be used as a USB buss-powered device, although an optional 9V DC power supply can be added for stand-alone use. As well as USB interfacing, ZeRO SL Mk II has 1 MIDI in, 1 MIDI thru and 2 MIDI outs.
The power behind the ZeRO's unique ability to map controllers at the touch of a button, is contained within the included Automap software. Automap 3 PRO enables users to map controllers with incredible speed and ease - no more digging through MIDI continuous controller numbers, the Automap server takes care of it all. Automap's GUI gives the user a visual representation of all the current mappings on screen, as well as the ability to save and manage mappings across different projects. There is also an option to only bring up the GUI when a controller on the ZeRO has been touched!
Illuminated Controls Brightly lit LED rings around the eight smooth encoders, and backlit buttons throughout provide instant visual feedback for every physical control, further reducing reliance on the computer screen.
144-character LCD screen Frees the artist from being chained to the computer screen, placing all the essential data right alongside the relevant controls.
Touch-sensitive Controls Full control surface supporting flexible DAW control and Auto-mappable plug-in controls, 16 knobs, 8 faders and 32 assignable backlit LED buttons.
Automap 3 PRO Control Software SL Mk II comes with Automap software which enables you to instantly map software parameters to faders, buttons, encoders and pots and other controllers.
MIDI Control Interface. Built in MIDI I/O Interface and comprehensive MIDI implementation provide complete control over all external hardware synths and other external MIDI devices.
Novation's Unique 'Speed Dial' A touch-sensitive rotary encoder that instantly takes control of whatever your mouse is focused on, providing real time access for composers and performers alike.
Crossfader ZeRO SL Mk II has a fully assignable crossfader making it ideal for Live performance with programmes such as Ableton.
Programmable Drumpads Eradicates the need for a separate set of drumpad triggers, providing the ideal platform for sketching out beats or triggering samples
Dedicated Transport Controls Control the sequencer's start/stop/loop/record/forward/rewind actions, direct from the MIDI controller, reducing reliance on mouse and screen, or switch them out to allow use of more assignable buttons. SL Mk II recalls how these buttons were previously assigned.
USB Buss Powered Provides the artist with a mobile MIDI control solution, freeing them from the confines of the studio
Includes the Xcite+ Bundle Featuring a host of royalty-free loops and samples, a full-fledged soft-synth and Ableton Live 7 Lite, providing an affordable upgrade path to Ableton Live.
Ableton and ZeRO SL Mk II When Novation launched the ReMOTE 0SL, it quickly became clear that it was a favourite amongst Ableton users. Professionals who use Ableton (from performers to Ableton Certified Trainers) were keen to tell them how well matched they were. So, when designing the ZeRO SL Mk II, Novation's developers thought carefully about how they could optimise it for use with "Live", whilst maintaining its versatility across other DAW's (such as Logic, Pro Tools, Cubase etc).
The result is that despite its multi-DAW compatibility, ZeRO's hardware features and software integration make it an ideal control surface for writing and performing with Ableton Live:
Hardware - Novation has stretched the Faders from 45mm to 60mm for more precise mixer control.
- It now has a crossfader, ideal live performance situations.
- 32 bright user LED buttons which can easily be assigned to trigger clips.
- "soft touch" velocity sensitive drum pads for sketching out drum patterns
- Large LCD screen displays the names and values of all parameters on the currently selected row.
- As well as the LED ringed continuous rotary encoders, the ZeRO has eight touch sensitive pots - a must have in the eyes of many Ableton performers.
- Speed Dial allows you to quickly get hands on control of any parameter displayed on screen, just by hovering the cursor over it - for quick access during live performances.
- Small footprint which fits snugly behind a QWERTY/ASCII keyboard, with legs that raise and tilt it for live use.
- USB buss-powered, meaning no bulky wallwart PSUs taking up precious power sockets.
Software Integration - All SL Mk II's come with a dedicated Ableton Mode which was designed in collaboration with Ableton.
- Extensive control of Ableton's own devices as well as VSTand AU plug-ins.
- It only requires a very simple set-up in Ableton's preferences window.
- The ZeRO's Automap 3 PRO software can instantly map QWERTY/ASCII key-commands to controls on the ZeRO, as well as the other benefits of Automap3 (click here to see what else Automap can do)
- Full transport controls - which can be reassigned to other parameters (along with the other 26 buttons) in Automap mode if required.
ReMOTE ZeRO SL vs ZeRO SL Mk II - Mk II ships with Automap 3 PRO
- All dials and faders are now touch-sensitive
- All ZeRO SL Mk II's buttons are illuminated
- Mk II features a single LED screen (as it now features the Automap Heads-up GUI)
- ZeRO SL Mk II's top row of dials have 11-LED rings for instant feedback
- Top row of encoders are now smooth continuous rotary encoders, and the bottom row are pots with 270 rotation.
- ZeRO SL Mk II's transport control buttons can also be used as fully assignable buttons.
- There is now a crossfader on the ZeRO SL Mk II
- ZeRO SL Mk II features 'soft-feel' drum pads.
- No longer features batteries
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.