Circuit Mono Station is a paraphonic analogue synthesiser that originates from the Novation Bass Station II, with three sequencer tracks that benefit from the 32 velocity-sensitive RGB pads found on Circuit.
Connect to just about anything
The CV, Gate and modulation outputs provide an easy mechanism for controlling separate hardware. You can plug Circuit Mono Station into your Mac or PC via USB and start playing. It also has MIDI In, Out and Thru, so you can connect your other MIDI gear. Passing an audio signal through the audio input opens up a world of analogue filtration and distortion. Using the audio input with the mod sequencer, you can modulate, evolve and process your source in entirely new ways.
Three sequencer tracks
Both monophonic and paraphonic modes are available, with each oscillator controlled by its own sequencer. In total, there’s two oscillator sequencers and one modulation sequencer. You can alter Gate length, switch patterns instantly, choose sync rate and mutate patterns.
Novation’s Circuit Mono Station is by no means the first paraphonic synth. But by embracing ‘paraphony’, we entered a sometimes confusing sub-section of synthesis categorisation.
Turns out that the sub-section of phraseology that refers to the number of sounds a synth is capable of creating at any one time is a pretty confusing topic. Read what Peter Kirn and the makers of Circuit Mono Station have to say about it.
Individually control oscillators
Two oscillators with individual control of sync and tuning parameters.
Get the frequency band you want
High-pass, low-pass and band-pass filters with slopes of 12dB and 24dB.
Three distortion modes
Classic Bass Station, new fuzz or a mixture of both.
Monophonic and paraphonic
Monophonic and paraphonic modes with individual glide control.
Adaptable modulation system
Four-by-eight modulation matrix that enables complex alteration and routing.
Patches at your fingertips
Load and save up to 64 patches on the device.
Three sequencer tracks
Two oscillator sequencers and one modulation sequencer.
Connect to hardware and software
CV, Gate and modulation outputs for controlling separate hardware. Connect and sync to your music software and MIDI-compatible hardware. Modulate, evolve and process your source through the audio input.
Product Hardware Specifications
- 32 RGB backlit velocity sensitive button grid
- 18 RGB backlit function buttons
- 8 Pots including dedicated filter and volume pots
- 2 Encoders for tempo and modulation path depth
- 6 RGB backlit mini pots for mixer section
- 4 35mm sliders for envelope ADSR control
- 16 Tact switches
- 27 Orange LEDs for functional selection
- 19 RGB indicator LEDs
- 2 1/4” jack sockets for line out and audio input
- 3 3.5mm jack sockets for MIDI in, out and thru (MIDI din break-out cables included)
- 2 3.5mm jack sockets for analogue clock in and out
- 3 3.5mm jack sockets for CV, gate and aux CV output
- USB socket for system / MIDI comms only (no bus-power)
- Configurable MIDI channels
- Front-mounted 3.5mm jack socket for headphones
- Rubberised knob caps
- Rotary controls secured to the chassis with metal nuts
- Power supply connector
- Power switch
- Kensington Security Slot
- Paraphonic - dual osc, single amp with separate control of each oscillator's pitch
- 64 Synth patches
- 2 Oscillators + sub osc (follows the pitch of osc 1)
- Noise generator
- Coarse and fine tune per osc
- Waveform octave depth 16’, 8’, 4’ or 2’
- Ring mod between osc 1 and 2
- Sine, triangle, sawtooth, square / variable pulse width
- 1 ADSR Envelope (Attack/Decay/Sustain/Release)
- Routable via the modulation matrix
- Single LFO with rate
- Sync mode
- Sine, triangle, sawtooth, square / variable pulse width, sample and hold
- State variable OTA filter
- 12/24dB slope
- Low-pass / band-pass / high-pass
- Pre-filter overdrive
- Frequency and resonance controls
- 4x8 Modulation matrix
- All modulation routes available at all times with depth control for each route
Mod sources (4)
- Modulation sequence
- Pad velocity
Mod destinations (8)
- Osc 1 pitch
- Osc 2 pitch
- Osc 1 PWM
- Osc 2 PWM
- Filter cut-off
- Distortion level
- Aux CV output
- Osc 1 level
- Osc 2 level
- Sub Osc level
- Noise generator level
- Ring modulation depth
- Audio In (with gain control)
- 3 types of analogue distortion: 1, 2 and 3 (combination of 1 & 2)
- 32 Sessions
- 2 Tracks per session + 1 track modulation sequence
- 16 Patterns for osc 1, 8 patterns for osc 2 and mod sequence
- 16 Demo sessions
- Real time record (notes, with velocity and automation)
- Auto-quantise notes to steps and automation to 6 events per step
- Sequencer resolution 24 PPQN
- 51 Automation parameters
- All knob and slider movements can be recorded (excluding volume)
- All modulation route depths can be automated
- Tempo range 40 - 240 BPM
- Swing 20 - 80%
- Glide amount configurable per step
- 8 Pattern sync rates (incl. triplet rates)
- Pattern direction setting including ping-pong and random
- Pattern mutate
- 8 Global swing sync rates (incl. triplet rates)
Real Time Performance
- Full range velocity scanning and record. Editable to 16 levels
- 16 Scale types and chromatic transposition
- Synth expand view doubles playable area
- Dual view for playing osc 1 and osc 2 simultaneously and independently
- Paraphonic mode option switch to select how the amp envelope triggers
- Configurable pattern start and end points
- Configurable pattern chain
- Instant and queued Session switching
- Instant and queued Pattern switching
- Velocity and gate per step
- Fractional gate lengths (each step divisible by 6)
- Automation edit per step
- Clear step, automation parameter per pattern, pattern, session
- Duplicate step, pattern
- Ableton Live Lite 9 is included
- Circuit Mono Station is a USB-MIDI class compliant device
- Maximum power consumption 12V DC 1A
- 240mm (9.45”) width x 250mm (9.84”) depth x 54mm (2.13”) height
- macOS 10.12 Sierra: Yes
- Mac OSX 10.11: Yes
- Mac OSX 10.10: Yes
- Windows 10: Yes
- Windows 8: Yes
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.