The M-2 mic preamps are among the finest mic preamps in the world. They provide the accuracy and transparency that is missing in other mic preamps. No matter what your application, they will provide superior sound quality. The world's best input transformer (Jensen JT-16-B), best op-amp (990 discrete op-amp) and the elimination of all capacitors from the signal path combine to provide the highest performance.
The M-2 has a 19" wide mainframe rack-mount chassis (1.75"H x 19"W x 8"D) and can be ordered with one to four channels. There are two meter options and the best Jensen output transformer (JT-11-BMQ) is also available as an option. Additional channels and options can be easily added later up to the total capacity of the mainframe. Also when you order your M-2 you can specify if it will have a 20 ohm mic switch or a 20dB pad switch.
The M-2 was introduced in 1996 and while sonically identical to the M-1 there are a few control differences. The M-2 has a 16 position gain-switch with 1% metal-film resistors providing accurate and repeatable gain settings from 15dB to 60dB in 3dB steps. Also the M-2 can be ordered with either a 20 ohm mic switch OR a 20dB pad switch. (The M-1 has a two-section gain-pot providing continuously variable adjustment in two overlapping ranges that are selected by the "High Gain" switch that replaces the 20 ohm mic switch / 20dB pad switch found on the M-2.)
John Hardy Co. M-2 Mic Preamp (3 CHANNEL) Highlights
- JT-16-B Input Transformer. Jensen's best no compromise mic input model.
- 990 Discrete Op-Amp. Faster, quieter, more powerful and better sounding than typical monolithic op-amps.
- Elimination Of All Coupling Capacitors From The Signal Path. Results in less degradation of the audio signal
John Hardy Co. M-2 Mic Preamp (3 CHANNEL) Features
- 16 position rotary gain switch - provides accurate and repeatable gain settings from 15dB to 60dB in 3dB steps
- Choice of either '20 Ohm Mic' OR '20dB Pad' switch
- Polarity reverse switch
- Phantom power switch
- All front panel switches are LED illuminated
- Gold plated XLR connectors
- Ground lift switch on each channel - helpful for eliminating ground loops
- Toroidal power transformer with additional shielding - eliminates hum problems so no external power supply is needed
- Universal power supply - internal switch provides six primary voltage choices to accommodate use anywhere in the world
- Chassis ground isolation switch - helpful for eliminating ground loops
- Built to order
John Hardy Co. M-2 Mic Preamp (3 CHANNEL) Options
- VU-1 Very accurate and informative 20 segment LED meter card with separate peak LED for monitoring preamp output
- PK-1 Peak LED metering only (not required if VU-1 is installed )
- JT-11-BMQ output transformer - Jensen's best line output transformer
- Pin 2 Or Pin 3 high - can be ordered either way and internal jumpers make changes in the field easy
Free Shipping Within Australia
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Australia Wide|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Buy gear online in Australia , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all FEDEX serviced locations. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Australia are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Free shipping to all Australian regions including Sydney , Melbourne , Brisbane , Perth , Adelaide , Gold Coast , Newcastle and Canberra.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).