A beautiful re-creation of a classic, complex instrument.
Hagstrom’s US distributor brought the idea of an 8-string bass to them in 1967. At that time, the only other company producing an 8-string bass was Rickenbacker, but these were custom-order instruments; thus, Hagstrom became the first manufacturer to serial produce an 8-string bass, bringing this unique instrument to a much wider audience.
Before too long bassist Noel Redding of the Jimi Hendrix Experience discovered it, and its unique sound can be heard on the The Jimi Hendrix Experience album “Axis: Bold as Love” (check out the track “Spanish Castle Magic” where the H8 really shines). In fact, Jimi Hendrix himself was a fan of the instrument and used it in various sessions over a period of several years; he owned the sixth H8 ever produced. Motörhead’s Lemmy Kilmister also showed up from time-to-time playing an H8.
Hagstrom went to great lengths to ensure that our H8II is a faithful re-creation of this historic instrument in its legacy.
A double cutaway mahogany body is bolted to a Canadian Maple neck supported with Hagstrom’s H-Expander truss-rod. The H8II features a short 30.75 in. (781mm) scale length with a dot-inlaid Resinator fingerboard.
Pickups are Hagstrom’s DynaRail Humbuckers with an additional coil-split feature activated by a push/pull switch built into the volume control.
Call or click to order today!SPECIFICATIONS Neck
- Shape: Info not available
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 30.75 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Info not available
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: DynaRail Humbucker
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: DynaRail Humbucker
- Brand: Info not available
- Series or parallel: Info not available
- Active preamp: Not applicable
- Special electronics: Not applicable
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: Info not available
- Fret size: Info not available
- Number of frets: Info not available
- Inlays: Not applicable
- Nut material: Info not available
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.5 mm)
- Neck width at 12 fret: Info not available
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body finish: Info not available
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Info not available
- Pickup switch: No
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: Yes
- Special switching: Yes
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Standard
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 8
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Not applicable
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: Info not available
Free Shipping Within Australia
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Australia Wide|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Buy gear online in Australia , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all FEDEX serviced locations. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Australia are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Free shipping to all Australian regions including Sydney , Melbourne , Brisbane , Perth , Adelaide , Gold Coast , Newcastle and Canberra.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).