The DPC-5 is a compact pedalboard control system with five effects loops, amp or external device control, and MIDI. The DPC-5 builds on Disaster Area’s expertise with easy-to-use MIDI controllers and adds high-quality audio circuits to create a flexible system for managing your pedals and MIDI devices. The DPC-5 can engage presets on up to FOUR external MIDI devices in MIDI and preset modes. It can also send tap tempo, expression, and bypass commands to most types of MIDI effects hardware.
The DPC-5 is compatible with the Disaster Area SMARTLoop, DPC-4EZ, or the DPC-8EZ. The SMARTLoop adds two stereo loops or four mono loops to the DPC-5, and may be placed before or after the DPC. Placing the SMARTLoop in the DPC-5 insert sends a fully buffered signal to all of the looped devices in the SMARTLoop. If you run several impedance or buffer-sensitive pedals, a SMARTLoop will allow placing them pre-buffer while retaining full control of your entire signal chain. The DPC-8EZ and DPC-4EZ act as expanders to add eight or four loops to the DPC-5 and are controlled completely by the DPC-5.
Please note that in order to pack the maximum connectivity into the DPC-5, the jack spacing is very tight. We have tested several different brands and types of patch cables and have found the George L’s and Lava kits to be the best solution for cabling up a DPC-5. 20 plugs are required to cable 5 effects into a DPC-5. Disaster Area Designs is an authorized dealer for both types of cable kit, and they are available through our online store. We have several customers using the Switchcraft 380 plugs for custom cable harnesses as well.
Disaster Area Designs DPC-5 Bypass Switcher + MIDI Features
- Compact size – 10″ x 2.6″ x 2″ excluding switch caps and jacks.
- No special power supply required – uses less than 250mA, 9V from a Pedal Power 2 or similar. (Outputs 5 / 6 recommended, or use a current doubling cable on two standard outputs.)
- 6 footswitches for preset selection, manual effects loop control, and MIDI switching
- 60 presets accessible by foot, arranged in four folders with three banks of five presets each.
- 128 presets accessible using an external MIDI controller
- Dedicated MIDI mode (violet on RGB LED) for advanced MIDI control, including Timeline, Mobius, Timefactor, AxeFx and others.
- 5 effects loops, which may be used as send / return or send-only for multiple amp switching
- Stereo / TRS isolated jack for amplifier control / channel / reverb / effects switching, configurable per preset.
- Tuner out with tuner mute.
- Expression pedal or external footswitch input for advanced MIDI control.
- Compatible with the Disaster Area R2R dual footswitch for bank down and tap tempo. (Custom R2R programming available, contact us!)
- Optional expression roller, separate from expression jack input
- Audiophile-grade buffer on main input.
- Separate buffer bypass input jack.
- Unbuffered input jack may be used as a buffered insert for passive volume pedals or other always-on effects. Compatible with the TRS Insert Cable Kit.
- High-frequency, low noise relay switching system with silver and gold alloy contacts.
- USB connector for future firmware upgrades (PC and Mac firmware update tools available.)
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.