The Chandler Limited TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition preamp is an spot-on re-creation of the rare EMI TG12428, found in the recording and mastering consoles of EMI (and later Abbey Road) studios in the late '60s and early '70s. The TG2 gives you a pair of top-shelf preamps, built using the original TG12428 schematics provided by Abbey Road and EMI. Get the sound of the preamp used in such recordings as The Beatles' Abbey Road and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon albums - with Chandler Limited's TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition.
Chandler Limited TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition 2-channel Preamp
- There's history behind this amazing-sounding pre
- You get warmth and punch - plus an open, airy high end
- Put this in your rack and brace yourself for some serious tone
There's history behind this amazing-sounding pre
The Chandler Limited TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition is a re-creation of the rare EMI TG12428 preamp fitted in EMI/Abbey Road recording and mastering consoles of the late '60s and early '70s. This instantly identifiable sound was used on many legendary Abbey Road recordings, including The Beatles Abbey Road and Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon.
You get warmth and punch - plus an open, airy high end
The Chandler Limited TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition preamp incorporates the same discrete transformer-balanced amplifiers as the TG Series limiter, giving you a creamy, smooth tone with an open, airy high end. The sound, as described by many users, is imbued with classic Neve warmth and punch - but with a more open top end. The unit does indeed have a small rise in its high frequency response, along with some warmth-inducing distortion which contribute to its unique, punchy sound.
Put this in your rack and brace yourself for some serious tone
Chandler Limited's TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition preamp gives you a pair of top-shelf pres, built using the original EMI TG12428 design notes and circuit board drawings provided by Abbey Road and EMI. With an genealogy like that, this preamp's a no-brainer. When you plug into the Chandler Limited TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition preamp, you plug into the sound behind some of the most memorable recordings in classic rock history. Put the Chandler Limited TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition preamp in your rack and brace yourself for some serious tone.
Chandler Limited TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition 2-channel Preamp Features
- Topology based closely on the original EMI TG12428 at EMI/Abbey Road studio
- Discrete transformer-balanced amplifiers produce a warm tone with clear highs and rich lows
- Both channels have 1 x XLR I/O, plus 1 x TS for high-impedance instrument-level input
- Input gain ranges from +5dB to +75dB, in 15 steps
- Both channels have +48V phantom power, a phase reverse, and an impedance switch
- Impedance switch toggles between 300 ohms and 1200 ohms, to match any mic
- Channel output gain control lets run the input gain hot for extra color
- Summing option mixes both preamps using the TG2's discrete circuitry for a minimal signal path
- Note: this unit requires the Chandler Limited Power Supply
Get legendary sound, with the Chandler Limiter TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition!
Chandler Limited TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition Tech Specs
- Preamp Type Solid State
- Number of Channels 2
- Phantom Power Yes
- Analog Inputs 2 x XLR (Mic), 2 x 1/4" (Hi-Z)
- Analog Outputs 2 x XLR
- Rack Spaces 1U
- Depth 19"
- Manufacturer Part Number TG2
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.