Chandler Limited's multi-year design project with Abbey Road Studios has yielded the first EMI-branded mic in over a half century. The REDD Microphone presents a classic aesthetic — but this is no vintage mic clone. It marks a paradigm shift of major proportions, incorporating historic circuits and their legendary sonics in a new and unique way. The all-analog design combines microphone and preamp in an elegant, handcrafted large-diaphragm condenser microphone you can use with or without an external mic pre. Fitted with a custom handmade platinum-membrane capsule and the vintage vacuum tube REDD.47 mic amplifier circuit, the REDD Microphone will output line-level signal and features a Drive setting that introduces tasty, vintage-flavored harmonic color.Abbey Road's holy-grail preamp onboard
The REDD.47 preamp in the REDD Microphone re-creates the original tube line amps developed by EMI's Record Engineering Development Department for deployment in Abbey Road Studios' rare, custom EMI REDD.51 recording consoles. This is the unmistakably punchy, aggressive sound that characterized recordings made in Studio Two between 1964 and 1968 — including legendary tracks by the Beatles. As implemented in the REDD Microphone, modern features have been added to meet contemporary recording studio standards, such as gain control that gives you a range of tonal options, from pristine clean to rich, classic saturation. Take it from AudioBuy, with its peerless sonic moxie, the REDD.47 mic amplifier will work wonders in your studio.Features and included accessories
Chandler Limited spec'd the REDD Microphone with a rotary switch on the rear of the microphone body that lets you dial in gain between +4 and +33dB. Continuous output control is accessible from the included external power supply. Around the other side of the mic is a Type switch with Norm and Drive settings — the latter increasing gain to +36dB and introducing distinctive tonal coloration. Also onboard are a 10dB pad and polarity reverse switches. The mic comes with a spider-type shockmount, a 25-foot Mogami mic cable, and a custom-molded flight case.Chandler Limited REDD Microphone Features
- The first EMI-branded mic in over a half century
- Combines microphone and preamp in 1 elegant device
- Onboard vacuum tube REDD.47 mic amplifier circuit
- Use it with or without an external mic preamp
- Handmade platinum-membrane capsule
- Rotary switch lets you dial in gain between +4 and +33dB
- Drive setting increased gain to +36dB, introducing tasty tonal coloration
- 10dB pad and polarity reverse switches
- Includes outboard power supply, high-quality spider-type shockmount
- Ships with 25-foot Mogami mic cable and custom-molded flight case
- Crafted in Chandler Limited's Shell Rock, Iowa, factory
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.