The Chandler Limited Germ 500 MkII 500 series preamp gives you classic Germanium Pre Amp sound in a conveniently modular format. From Neve to Fairchild, it's no wonder that germanium transistors have been used in some of the greatest audio gear of all time. That's why Chandler decided to build their Germanium series around this tried-and true technology. And with the Germ 500 MkII, you can put this same sound right in your 500 series rack. Discover the secret weapon many of today's top engineers swear by, order your
Chandler Limited Germ 500 MkII 500 series preamplifier today!
Chandler Limited Germ 500 MkII 500 Series Preamplifier
- Feedback control lets you dial in the perfect tone
- Thick setting lets you add extra dimension to your sound
- Time-tested Germanium sound
Feedback control lets you dial in the perfect tone
The Germ 500 MkII's Feedback control is the key to its incredible tone-shaping ability. Like all amplifiers, the Germ 500 MkII uses feedback (the process of feeding the output signal back into the input of the amplifier) to boost gain. But unlike typical preamplifiers, Chandler Limited's Germ 500 MkII lets you control the amount of signal that's fed back. The Feedback control affects more than just gain, it alters the overall character of the unit, including its total harmonic distortion and frequency response, allowing you to perfectly sculpt the contour of your tone.
Thick setting lets you add extra dimension to your sound
One of the features that makes Chandler Limited's full-sized Germanium Pre Amp stand out is its Thick function, which is why they chose to include it when they designed the Germ 500 MkII. This subtle tone-shaping control makes the Germ 500 MkII perfect for adding a gentle low-end swell to sources that sound weak or thin. You'll particularly love the way the Germ 500 MkII's Thick function adds weight to the sound of guitars.
Time-tested Germanium sound
Equipped with genuine germanium-transistor-based Drive and Feedback circuits, the Germ 500 MkII lets you dial in luscious lows and creamy highs. Germanium transistors have been instrumental in the most revered preamplifiers and signal processors for decades. That's why Chandler Limited uses germanium transistors in many of their most popular models. With a Germ 500 MkII, that same signature sound is more accessible than ever before!
Chandler Limited Germ 500 MkII 500 Series Preamplifier Features
- The sound and functionality of a Chandler Germanium Pre Amp, in a handy 500 series modular format
- Class A, germanium-transistor-based drive and feedback circuits for genuine Germanium tone
- An impressive 65dB of total amplification lets you use an kind of microphone, even low-output ribbons
- Feedback control allows you to dial in the tonal contour, letting you control the character of your sound
- Thick control introduces a subtle rise to your low end - perfect for adding girth to guitar tone
- Front-panel instrument input provides easy access for tracking guitar and bass
- -15dB pad switch provides a total of 70dB of dynamic range
Put germanium in your 500 Series rack, with Chandler Limited's Germ 500 MkII!
Chandler Limited Germ 500 MkII (mk2) Tech Specs
- Preamp Type Solid State
- Number of Channels 1
- Phantom Power Yes
- Manufacturer Part Number Germ 500 MKII Pre Amp
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.