The original Chameleon Labs 7602 microphone preamplifier and equalizer made serious waves when it came out in 2005. With the 7602 MKII, Chameleon Labs gives you the sound of a '70s British console preamp, plus an amazing, sound-morphing 3-band EQ that takes full advantage of modern analog precision circuitry. The result: a classic console-style preamp that you can tweak to nestle comfortably in any mix. It's little wonder many of today's top recording engineers have made the 7602 MKII their number 1 go-to microphone preamplifier.
The power of the 7602 MKII starts with its input stage, which allows you to select the perfect impedance for your microphone. This function alone makes the 7602 MKII invaluable to any serious engineer, because it allows you to get a wide range of tone out of a single microphone. It also lets you get the most out of ribbons and other "low-output" microphones. Next, there's the 7602 MKII's switchable highpass filter, which lets you cut out the mud and other useless low-frequency noise that can cloud up your sound. Shelving high- and low-frequency EQ controls with selectable cutoff frequencies give you an enormous range of tone, and semi-parametric mid control lets you dial in frequencies from 360Hz all the way up to 7.2k - perfect for fine-tuning your sound.
A high-end, Swiss-made, 20-position solid-gold gain switch assures not only mechanical-noise-free operation, but quality that's built to last. A Switchcraft DI is also ready for years of hard use. (You'll probably want to write this amazing preamp into your will.) Finally, US-made tantalum capacitors and custom wound transformers give the 7602 MKII robust sound, all the way up to its +80dB maximum gain. If you're looking for a single great preamplifier/EQ that you can use for any microphone and any sound source, the Chameleon Labs 7602 MKII microphone preamplifier and equalizer is it!
Chameleon Labs 7602 MKII Microphone Preamplifier and Equalizer Features
- Single-channel preamp and 3-band EQ combo
- Selectable impedance (300 ohms or 1.2 kohms) lets you get excellent results from any microphone
- 5-position switchable highpass filter (3db loss at 300Hz, 160Hz, 80Hz, and 50Hz with an 18db cut per octave slope)
- Swiss-made, 20-position solid-gold gain switch with up to 80dB of gain
- Robust Switchcraft DI
- Shelving low-frequency control with four frequency selections: 220Hz, 110Hz, 60Hz, and 35Hz
- Peaking mid-frequency control with six frequency selections: 360Hz, 700Hz, 1.6k, 3.2k, 4.8k, and 7.2k
- Shelving high-frequency control with four frequency selections: 16k, 12k, 7k, 4.9k and 3.4k
- All frequency bands feature 20db boost/cut
If you're looking for an excellent go-to preamp/EQ, check out the Chameleon Labs 7602 MKII microphone preamplifier and equalizer!
Chameleon Labs 7602 MKII Tech Specs
- Preamp Type Solid State
- Number of Channels 1
- Frequency Response 11Hz-77.65kHz
- Phantom Power Yes
- EQ 3-band
- Analog Inputs 1 x XLR (mix), 1 x XLR (line), 1 x TS (DI)
- Analog Outputs 1 x XLR
- Rack Spaces 1U
- Height 1.75"
- Width 19"
- Manufacturer Part Number 7602MKII
Free Shipping Within Australia
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Australia Wide|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Buy gear online in Australia , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all FEDEX serviced locations. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Australia are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Free shipping to all Australian regions including Sydney , Melbourne , Brisbane , Perth , Adelaide , Gold Coast , Newcastle and Canberra.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).