Since Black Lion Audio enjoys a good challenge, their goal was to develop a transformer coupled two channel inductor based EQ that could perform every bit as well as a high priced mastering-grade setup, but do it at a lower price. Since there are lots of Pultec clones out there, the wanted do develop something that was unique. BLA based it on what's known as a state-variable filter, and built it around custom wound Cinemag inductors. They gave it overlapping frequencies within each set of frequency bands to enable flexibility and frequency correction when needed. BLA use grain oriented silicon steel transformers for the input and output stages to give the audio a nice vintage character, although amorphous core Lundahl transformers are available as an option for an additional charge.
And since BLA have access to a few mastering-grade inductor EQ's, they tweaked and refined the circuit until they were satisfied that it was every bit as good as the expensive brands. The smooth highs, natural mids, and thick, powerful bass that only a good inductor EQ can deliver. Go ahead; shoot it out against your Neve, Massenburg, API, or Tube Tech. BLA thinks you'll be very impressed.
Black Lion Audio AM and CHA1 EQ Equalizer Features
- 2U high rack mount chassis
- 15 band, fully adjustable boost/cut with variable Q
- Low boost/cut: 65Hz, 115Hz, 290Hz, Q variable from 0.2 to 1.5
- Low mid boost/cut: 205Hz, 500Hz, 840Hz, 1.76kHz, Q variable from 0.2 to 1.5
- Mid boost/cut: 560Hz, 1.2kHz, 3.1kHz, 6.1kHz, Q variable from 0.3 to 2.6
- High boost/cut: 2.4kHz, 3.7kHz, 8.2kHz, 15.6kHz, Q variable from 0.3 to 3
- Selectable peak or shelf for low and high frequencies
- Fully transformer coupled input and output
- 1/4-inch TRS connectors
- 110/220 VAC Switchable
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.