Although only produced from 1978 to 1983, Korg synthesizers have been favored by numerous world-famous artists including: Aphex Twin; Arcade Fire; the BBC Radiophonic Workshop; Daft Punk; Depeche Mode; A Flock of Seagulls; Gorillaz; Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark; Snarky Puppy and a host of others. An ultra-affordable homage to that iconic synthesizer with all the features of the original and then some, the K-2 lets you conjure up virtually any sound with incredible finesse and ease. With its pure analog signal path, dual authentic VCOs with 4 selectable waveforms each, plus extremely flexible VCF and VCA filters, the K-2 is sure to become your favorite keyboard. Owning the K-2 is like having your own personal time machine, enabling you to embrace the past - or make your imprint on the future!
Great care has been taken in engineering the K-2, including the true to the original VCO, VCF and VCA designs and pure analog circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs. This highly-focused attention to detail is what gives K-2 its ultra-flexible sound shaping capability, which covers everything from super-fat bass and lead tones to stunning effects - all the way out to the otherworldly sounds of your imagination.
Your K-2 comes ready to rock, thanks to its default signal routing that doesn't require lifting a single patch cable to instantly create amazing sounds. The semi-modular architecture lets you easily tap into the inspired sounds of 1980s and '90s progressive rock, wave, EDM and synth-pop music synthesizer tracks that made rock and roll history - or to design incredibly fat and original sounds that will make you a legend in your own right!
The very heart of K-2's sound is its versatile 24 dB/octave filter, which lets you freely experiment with the High and Low-Pass Cutoff Frequencies and their respective peak (resonance) settings to dial in the perfect sound. The high-pass filter sets the level of signals below the cutoff frequency, effectively reducing the fundamental and lower-order harmonics levels. The low-pass filter controls the level of signals above the cutoff, which reduces higher-order harmonic content. K-2's VCF Peak controls provide emphasis to the signals at the crossover frequency.
K-2's authentic Voltage Controlled Oscillators (VCOs) provides an incredible range of 4 variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths and ring modulation for the ultimate in sound creation. VCO 1 waveform choices include triangle, reverse-sawtooth, noise and pulse, where the pulse width can be adjusted from square wave to narrow across a 4-octave range (32', 16', 8', or 4'). VCO 2's waveform can be selected from reverse-sawtooth, square, narrow pulse and ring, where both oscillators are operating. VCO 2's pitch can also be varied independently across a 4-octave range (16', 8', 4' and 2'). The VCO Mixer allows you to adjust the levels of VCO 1 and VCO 2 to create an overall mix and a wide range of amazing effects.
Make that envelopes! K-2's Low Frequency Oscillator (LFO), the Modulation Generator, features a selectable Waveform (reverse sawtooth, triangle, sawtooth) with a sweepable frequency range from 0.1 to 22 Hz - and 2 separate Envelope generators to help you craft incredible sounds! Envelope Generator 1 affects the frequency modulation via controls for Delay, Attack and Release Time, while generator 2 adjusts the cutoff frequency modulation, as well as amplitude modulation of the Voltage Control Amplifier (VCA). Dials for this generator include Hold, Decay, Attack, Sustain, and Release for unparalleled envelope-shaping control.
- Amazing analog synthesizer with dual VCO design allows for insanely fat music creation
- Authentic reproduction of original circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- Semi-modular architecture with default routings requires no patching for immediate performance
- First and second generation filter design (high pass/low pass with peak/resonance)
- 4 variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths and ring modulation for ultimate sounds
- Dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
- 2 analog Envelope Generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Complete Eurorack solution ??? main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 36 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.