The legendary analog polysynth’s filter reworked as a superbly powerful, modern plugin for your DAW.
Filter M12 is a full-featured recreation of the multi-mode filter found in Oberheim’s iconic Matrix-12, kitted out with awesome updates that make this plugin one of the most powerful, performable sound-shaping tools around.
Combining intuitive, gorgeous-sounding modelled analog filter tone control with programmable modulation envelopes, a detailed mod matrix, and bonus random and mod osc parameters, Filter M12 is set to become your go-to choice for creative frequency control. Create anything from smooth sweeps to rhythmic motion, all the way to full-blown, randomized glitch meltdowns: this plugin can handle it all.
In 1984, audio and electronics legend Tom Oberheim developed a groundbreaking subtractive, analog polyphonic synthesizer; a brave move when the digital synth revolution was taking the industry by storm. Standing the test of time, his brainchild instrument is now considered a classic, and our emulated version takes pride of place in V Collection. One of the main reasons it turned heads in the 80s was its audacity, the sheer power of its signal routing options, and its multi-mode filter.
The original synthesizer’s filter employed a single filter per voice, but provides no fewer than 15 different filter modes. This included Low Pass and three High Pass modes, two Band Pass modes, a Notch filter, and a Phase Shift mode. It also included another 4 modes, combining 1-Pole Low Pass filters with other modes. This unique selection of filter options is largely responsible for the immense power and scope of the fabled Matrix sound.
We’ve created a few audio demos to let you hear the power of this awesome, versatile filter; examples that will hopefully fire your creativity and spark your imagination.
As if accurately recreating Tom Oberheim’s original filter wasn’t amazing enough, we have also supercharged this virtual version with contemporary features that we know you’re going to love.
Practically an instrument in its own right, our reborn Filter M12 is packed with intuitive yet powerful features. With it, you’ll be able to transform your source material into totally new sounds; create pulsing patterns; perform dramatic sweeps; or simply hone your tone using one of its many filter modes. Its CPU-friendly, low latency architecture also make it the perfect, animatable filter to use in your live sets and performances.
Made possibly through the magic of Arturia’s True Analog Emulation technology, we originally brought the sonic signature of this 80s icon into the 21st century studio in Matrix-12 V, our critically acclaimed software version of Oberheim’s classic, and a jewel in the crown of the Arturia V Collection. Call it selfish, but we are a company of musicians, and we wanted to unleash the power of Matrix-12 V’s filter, free it from the software synth, and create a new, exciting DAW plugin. To echo the depth and complexity of its synth family, we supercharged the filter with extra processing, modulation envelopes, and vast routing options with a modulation matrix.
Declutter your plugin library, speed up your selection process, and improve your workflow. Our selection of superb plugins bring you the sound-shaping power of history’s finest music gear into your digital studio, letting you enjoy half a century of inspirational analog effects in a modern, digital, creative environment.
Our software plugins also have outstanding compatibility, and are available in VST, AU, and AAX formats so no matter your DAW of choice, you’ll be able to enjoy awesome Arturia sound-shaping.
- Virtual recreation of the Matrix 12 multimode filter
- 2 instances of the Matrix 12 filter within one plugin instance
- 15 disctincts filter modes available per filter instance
- Cutoff frequency, resonance, pan and out volume controls for each instance
- Master cutoff control for controlling both instances' cutoff at once
- 4 audio routing configurations
- Global dry / Wet and output filter controls
- Random values genrator
- Can be synchronized with DAW’s clock
- 3 advanced multi-segments envelopes
- 2 modes: loop or triggered by audio
- Synchronized with DAW’s clock
- Can be used as LFOs, step sequencer or envelopes
- Predefined presets
- Modulation oscillator
- Audio range modulatotion source for parameters frequency modulation
- 5 waveforms
- Modulation matrix
- Envelope, random generator and mod oscillator as sources
- 8 assignable destinations slots with 22 reachable parameters
- 40 presets from top sound designers
- State-of-the-art TAE® analog modeling
- Windows: Win 7+ PC: 4 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU.
- 1GB free hard disk space
- OpenGL 2.0 compatible GPU
- Apple: 10.10+: 4 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU.
- 1GB free hard disk space
- OpenGL 2.0 compatible GPU
- VST 2.4 (64-bit), VST 3 (64-bit), AAX (64 bits with PT 11), Audio Unit (64-bit), NKS* (64-bit DAWs only).
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.