Two Channels of ART Tube Compression Beef up individual tracks, or link the ART Pro VLA II's two channels in stereo. When you apply this two-channel compressor and leveling amplifier to your recordings, you will be rewarded with rich, full-sounding tracks that sound musical and natural, not squashed or obviously compressed. You can use the Pro-VLA II for both live audio engineering and studio recording applications, but it especially shines as a mastering tool.
VCA vs. Optical Compressors As opposed to a more typical VCA-driven level detection circuit, the Pro-VLA II uses an opto-electronic design, which allows more compression to be added to an audio source. Interpretation? You get a more natural, musical sounding output and virtually transparent dynamic leveling. This VCA-less design coupled with a 12AT7 vacuum tube in the gain stage makes the Pro-VLA II the ideal dynamic control device for critical studio and live sound work.
Hybrid Design -- No VCA Thanks to the hybrid design of the Pro-VLA II, the hardware compressor is able to do its job with extremely low noise and exceptional signal integrity. The Pro-VLA II combines optical electronics (a Vactrol, to be specific) with a 12AT7 vacuum tube gain stage, so you get the best of both worlds.
Hands-On Control Over Your Levels On the face of the Pro-VLA II, you have Variable Threshold, Ratio, and Output controls, as well as Attack and Release knobs, for each of the two channels. Large LED backlit VU meters sit side by side, offering you the visual update you need for at-a-glance status checks on your audio levels. Likewise, easy-to-read 10-segment LED metering shows you what's up with output levels and gain reduction.
ART Pro VLA II 2-Channel Compressor Features
- 2-Channel hardware compressor and leveling amplifier ideal for tracking, mixing, mastering, live sound, or broadcast situations
- Vactrol opto-compression design (no VCA)
- Mastering-quality audio signal path with tube gain stage
- Enhanced link mode -- while in stereo link mode, channel 1 level control acts as a master output level and channel 2 becomes a balance control between them, optimizing the Pro-VLA II for use as a mastering tool
- Variable Threshold, Ratio, and Output controls
- LED backlit VU input/output level metering
- LED metering indicates both average level and peak hold
- Accurate 10-segment LED gain reduction metering
- +4 dBu/-10 dBV Mode switch optimizes Pro-VLA II for interfacing with pro- or consumer-grade components
- Active balanced XLR and TRS 1/4-inch inputs and outputs
- Toroidal transformer reduces mechanical and electrical hum
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.