The Bass TightMetal Jr is a bass version of our popular TightMetal Jr, and includes the Dry Low MOD knob on the side
For years bassists have asked for a Dry Low knob option for the popular TightMetal pedals now this feature is available in bass friendly versions of the popular JR distortion pedal introducing the Amptweaker Bass TightMetal Jr. These pedals share most of the tone-tweaking features available on the guitar counterparts, but with the popular Dry Low knob found on other Amptweaker Bass pedals ‘on the side’. This blend adds in clean lowend to the tone, helping to maintain the bottom without adding weird phase-shifty tones to the distorted highend.
Derived from our Pro series, the Tight control and Fat switches were re-configured into a 3-position Fat/Normal/Tight switch to dial in the attack of the notes from thick and heavy to aggressive and chunky. An EQ switch similarly provides Thrash/Normal/Smooth tone settings, which helps the pedals cover a broad range of applications and work with various rigs. In addition to Gain, Tone and Volume knobs, there’s also a manually-adjustable Noise Gate which can be cranked to stop notes hard and fast. And the great thing about a built-in noise gate is that it goes away when you turn the pedal off…..so your clean tone is unaffected! And the gate only affects the distorted tone, but not the Dry Low. The Tight switch and Tone control were tweaked on these bass versions to operate at lower frequencies, making them perfect for bass OR lower tuned guitars such as 7 or 8-strings. They also work great for guitar rigs that are very bright, and can provide a warmer tone compared to the guitar versions.
The pedals all include true bypass switching, 9-18VDC operation, and a thumbscrew- removable bottom plate with special holes to even accommodate tie-wrap or screw-in pedalboard attachment methods.
- Gain, Tone, Volume controls
- Dry Low knob on the side, blends back in clean lowend
- Fat/Normal/Tight switch to adjust the guitar’s attack.
- Noise Gate knob, from subtle gating to hard stops
- Thrash/Normal/Smooth EQ
- True Bypass switching
- Runs on 9V to 18V batteries or supplies–9V sounds heavier, more compressed, while 18V is more open and less distorted.
- Thumbscrew removable bottom with holes for tie-wrap or screw-in pedalboard attachment methods
- Current: 13mA with at 9V, 17mA at 18V
- DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
- Batteries/Supplies Not Included
- Weight: 9 ounces, Dimensions: 2.7″W X 4.65″D X 2″H
- Made in the USA
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.