The Alta Moda Unicomp audio compressor combines the best features of both modern and classic audio compressors into a single, dual-mono unit. At its heart is a unique gain cell/sidechain combination which gives the Unicomp its own distinctive sonic character. The Unicomp’s comprehensive set of sidechain features gives it true versatility and accuracy which make the unit superbly suited for tracking, mixing and mastering applications.
The Unicomp boasts a fully discrete, Class A, high voltage minimalist audio path. The amplifiers are DC servo-coupled, eliminating all coupling capacitors in the signal path.
The sidechain features a high accuracy logarithmic-scaled detector, with a choice of operating in RMS or peak rectifier modes. The Unicomp also allows the user, with a single switch, to change the compressor topology from a modern and accurate feed-forward detection scheme, to the classic and more colorful feedback approach; completely changing the sonic personality of the unit.
The Unicomp’s personality is further changed with the addition of the warmth control. Turning this control adds rich, second harmonic distortion to the signal that increases as compression increases, adding even more character to the sound. A switchable filter changes the contour of the affected signal, useful when processing more complex signals, such as mixes.
Another unusual feature of the unit is the blend control. The blend control allows the operator to mix unprocessed signal back into the compressor’s output path. This gives one the ability to create a more subtle compression effect on tracks such as vocals, or for blending back dry signal when heavy buss compression effects such as drum submixes are being processed. A high pass filter is included which blends only the higher audio frequencies back into the output path.
Alta Moda Unicomp Compressor Features
- Class A high voltage, discrete capacitor-free signal path
- Electronically balanced input, impedance balanced, single-ended output
- FET-based wide dynamic range gain cell eliminates the need for an input control
- Log-scaled detector responds more like the human ear than linear detection systems
- Choice of RMS (excellent for overall level reduction) or peak mode (great for catching fast transients)
- Threshold knee control – can switch between hard knee for instantaneous gain reduction, or soft knee mode, for a subtle engaging of compression over several dB
- Continuously variable threshold, ratio, attack and release controls
- Switchable sidechain insert for keying and detector signal equalization
- Feed-forward/feedback – switches between the basic topologies. Feed-forward is precise and can yield high compression ratios. Feedback mode is more subtle, and can yield interesting compression artifacts, including the shifting of attack and release time constants.
- Warmth control – adds 2nd harmonic distortion, increasing as compression increases
- Warmth filter – high pass filter bringing out more mid-range frequency distortion
- Blend – mixes dry, input signal back into output path
- Blend filter- high pass filter returns only dry, upper frequencies back into output
- Dual mono/stereo – completely independent channels can be linked for stereo operation
- Sidechain L and R are summed after the rectifiers
- Gain makeup – increases output amplifier level from unity to compensate for lost level when compressing
- High-quality construction – premium components for long life
What is the process after I checkout?
Following checkout your order number will be generated and stock availability confirmed before a Paypal invoice is emailed to your registered email address. If your order is not in stock and cannot be shipped within 10 business days then your order will be cancelled. If your order is in stock or can be ordered from the manufacturer for FEDEX dispatch within 10 business days then we will email a Paypal invoice to complete payment.
Following checkout your Paypal invoice will be emailed to you within 24 hours if your entire is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer (Monday-Friday). You will receive a Paypal invoice (request for payment) from AudioBuy or from one of our shipping partners.
When do I pay?
You do not pay at checkout. If your order is in stock or readily available from the manufacturer then a Paypal payment request (invoice) will be emailed to you from AudioBuy or from one of our shipping partners. This is to ensure that we do not collect payment for orders which cannot be promptly dispatched and delivered.
Will my shipped order be delivered safely and securely?
All Australian orders are shipped with FEDEX and are marked as "fragile" to ensure that your ordered items are securely and safely handled prior to final delivery. All orders are dispatched with protective casing and packaging to further protect your ordered item(s) during transit to your delivery address. All orders require signature upon delivery to ensure that your order is delivered to the correct recipient at the correct address , apartment number etc. If you are unavailable at the time of delivery your order will be held at the local Australian FEDEX center and a calling card left at your delivery address to organise re-delivery or pickup.
How do I check for stock levels?
Email "email@example.com" to enquire about current stock levels for the . We aim to stock popular items at all times and are able to quickly order in products if they are currently not in stock. In the event of product backorder or product discontinuation your order will be cancelled and a payment request (Paypal) will not be processed.
Do we ship products internationally?
Yes. AudioBuy ship the majority of products to all international locations serviced by FEDEX. You will be notified during checkout if your order is unable to be delivered to your region due to manufacturer restrictions and/or other shipping restrictions. All listed prices are inclusive of FEDEX shipping costs.
What are our hours of operation?
Stock inventory and order related enquiries are monitored and responded to everyday excluding major public holidays (Monday-Sunday). Orders are physically shipped during standard FEDEX hours (Monday-Friday , excluding major public holidays). Paypal invoices for order processing are issued Monday-Friday excluding major public holidays.
When will my order be delivered?
Following Paypal payment your order will be FEDEX dispatched within 1-2 business days if your order is in stock. If your order is only in stock with the manufacturer then we will require up to 10 business days to FEDEX dispatch your order. After your order has been shipped we will email your FEDEX tracking number to the email address you provided during checkout / account sign-up. The average FEDEX transit time is 3-5 business days to most international locations.
Can you price match with another retailer?
Yes. Contact "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the product name and the competing website's URL. Our total price including FEDEX delivery is currently . When comparing prices with Australian or international retailers be aware that their prices may not include international or domestic FEDEX shipping costs.