The AEA RPQ 2-channel microphone preamp makes ribbon mics (and any other mic in your collection) sound great. Its high headroom, 80dB of clean gain, and ultra-quiet performance make the RPQ a great choice, while a Curve-Shaper function helps you get the best performance possible out of your ribbon mic. This function allows you to minimize proximity effect while enhancing the highs. At a rackmountable 1U, this preamp is as compact as it is versatile and powerful. Features such as JFET circuitry, a wide dynamic range, and road-tough construction help make the RPQ an impressive mic preamp!AEA RPQ 2-channel Ribbon Microphone Preamp at a Glance
- Plenty of clean gain and headroom
- Ideal for ribbon mics
- Add some "air" to your ribbon
Plenty of clean gain and headroom
The AEA RPQ Ribbon Preamp with Curve-Shaping provides two channels of high-quality, high-gain, low-noise microphone preamplification, and unlike the TRP provides phantom power for active electronics. Particularly well-suited for use with ribbon microphones, it delivers the speed, precision, quietness, and headroom needed for today's high-resolution recordings. The JFET circuit design generates up to 80dB of clean and quiet gain, with extended bandwidth from below 1Hz to beyond 200kHz, for dynamic range and transient response that complements all of your microphones.
Ideal for ribbon mics
The RPQ's Curve-Shaper gives you the tools to control your ribbons. Ribbon mics are capable of delivering strong sub-woofer lows, and can have a significant bass proximity effect. Such strong low-frequency content can mask high-frequency intelligibility, so the tunable LF filter was engineered to tame low-frequency energy to appropriate levels.
Add some "air" to your ribbon
The HF filter enables you to extend the high end adding a little extra "presence" or "air" to the pickup. The HF filter compensates for the high-frequency roll-off that is inherent to most ribbon microphones, distant mic placement, or an overly "dry" acoustical environment.
- 80dB of gain at 1kHz, balanced-in to balanced-out
- Noise figure, rms A-weighted: < 2 dB
- EIN < -128 dBu A-weighted, 150 W resistive source
- Balanced microphone input impedance > 10 kO
- Green, red, and yellow LEDs indicate line level
- XLR output max level into 600O load: +28 dBu, balanced; +22 dBu, unbalanced
- TRS output max level into 100 kO load: +22 dBu, unbalanced
- Grayhill series 71 stepped gain switch
- Rotary potentiometers detented at 12:00 o'clock position
- Metallic blue and steel gray powder-coat finish
- Silkscreened engraved legends and single line schematic
- Detachable rack ears included
- 1U steel and aluminum chassis
- Dimensions: 17.25" W, 11" D, 1.7" H
- Weight: 6.75 lbs.
The AEA RPQ 2-channel microphone preamp works wonders with your ribbon mic!
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.