The AEA RPQ2 preamp was designed to allow your microphones to do what they do best – record the sound of your instrument in its full glory. The RPQ2 leans on the side of neutral but is unlike other clean preamps because of its rich and musical tonality. With a massive 81dB of sweet JFET gain, few preamps rival its output combined with its signal to noise ratio. With P48 disengaged, the RPQ2 has a high input impedance at 63K Ohms which means the preamp won’t load down a mic and change its sound. With the final touch of the unique LF and HF CurveShaper EQ, the RPQ2 gives you the tools to shape your tone right at the start of the signal path.
The Sound at Your Fingertips
Many mixing and mastering engineers turn to the RPQ2 purely for its post-processing EQ and routing functionality. The RPQ2 provides a secondary line level balanced output for sending an additional line signal to a separate recording device or mixer. In Line Mode, the preamp and EQ section become two independent units with separate inputs and outputs. This allows you to insert compressors or other effects between the preamp and CurveShaper EQ section.
Choosing the right preamp to pair with a mic is as critical as choosing which mic to use. The team at AEA take sonic integrity seriously and have created preamps that were specially designed to meet the particular challenges of ribbon mics and bring out their full potential. Building on the obstacles identified when creating preamps in the 50’s, the AEA engineers now use tools like quiet JFETS and transformer-less designs to construct high gain, high impedance preamps. Engineers have discovered that AEA preamps also complement their moving coil and condenser microphones.
- Two channels with 81 dB of sweet, quiet JFET gain for all mics
- Super high input impedance of 63K Ohms (with P48 disengaged)
- High frequency CurveShaper EQ and low frequency proximity control
- High-resolution, high-impedance front-panel 1/4 in. Direct Inputs
- Mic/Line mode with Post-Mic and Pre-EQ Inserts for alternative routing options
- Excels with ribbons mics, shines on condensers and moving-coil dynamics
- 100% handcrafted in Pasadena, CA
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.