Define your own drums with Ableton's Collision, a unique virtual instrument for Ableton Live. Developed in collaboration with Applied Acoustics Systems (AAS), Collision uses advanced physical modeling to allow you to shape each and every aspect of your percussion sounds. You start by defining the stiffness of your virtual beater and the kind of resonant surface it's striking (e.g., beam, plate, tube, membrane, etc.) to get the general timbre of the instrument. That's when you can start to get really creative. Change hitting positions or warp the size of the resonator to create funky spatial effects. Add noise to simulate felt mallets or apply LFO, envelopes, and other syntheses to create outlandish percussion sounds. The sky's the limit when you add Ableton Collision to your Live rig!
An easy way to get even more out of Ableton Live
What makes Collision different from any other VST or AU plug-in? Simple - it's not a conventional plug-in at all. Instead, Collision integrates directly into the DNA of Ableton Live, becoming one more integrated tool you can use to take your music further. What's more, Collision and all the other Ableton Live expansions use the same simple interface style as Live itself, so you don't have to learn a whole new workflow to get great new sounds in the environment you're already familiar with. You can even stack multiple Collisions together, add effect and MIDI processors, and then save it all as a Rack for future use.
Ableton Collision Virtual Instrument Features
- A completely unique instrument for Ableton Live that lets you create and define your own percussion instrument sounds
- Created in collaboration with Applied Acoustics Systems (AAS)
- Physical modeling synthesis allows you to tweak Collision's parameters in real time
- Define your sounds by manipulating the beater, resonant surface, and other physical characteristics of your instrument
- Create cool out-of-this-world effects by applying LFOs, envelopes, and other elements of synthesis
- Comprehensive preset collection includes xylophone, glockenspiel, marimba, balaphone, vibraphone and toms
- Many parameters can be modulated via key tracking, velocity and MIDI controllers for expressive and dynamic playing
Invent your own percussion sounds with Ableton's Collision virtual instrument for Ableton Live!
- Software Type Physical Modeling Percussion Virtual Instrument
- Platform Mac, PC
- Upgrade/Full Expansion
- Download/Boxed Download
- Format AU, VST (Ableton Live Only)
- Hardware Requirements - Mac Intel Mac, 2GB RAM
- Hardware Requirements - PC Multi-core Processor, 3GB RAM
- OS Requirements - Mac OS X 10.5
- OS Requirements - PC Windows 7/Vista/XP
- Manufacturer Part Number 83868
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.