Due to its 100% passive circuitry and XLR I/O, ATTY2’D easily integrates into your studio, whether you’re connecting directly to other XLR-equipped gear, studio monitors, or wiring it to a patchbay. And if you are looking for high-quality control of multi- monitor pairs, you won’t find a more affordable, practical solution than the ATTY2’D, thanks to its audiophile-quality components and passive design.
Apart from its ability to provide seamless, transparent attenuation for any line-level device, such as CD players, talkbacks, guitar/bass amp extension speakers, or audio surge protectors, it’s particularly handy as a preamp output gain control in multi-mic recording situations. For example, when tracking drums, kick and snare often require some level control to prevent clipping the converters. However many engineers would rather not color sound with pads or recording with compression. With the proper ATTY2’D, you can maintain input levels at the sweetspot and record without any adverse affects on sound quality. Plus, if you’re using a four-channel preamp with a hot output on toms, such as an API 3124, just use ATTY2’D’s dual stereo channels along with the mono channels on kick and snare—and Bob’s your uncle. The most apparent use of ATTY2’D is for level control of multiple powered-monitor pairs. ATTY2’D’s single-knob stereo channels with individual mute buttons give you complete control over two pairs of powered monitors, while its mono channels allow you to control a subwoofer and single point-source speaker, such as an Avantone Active MixCube, for checking mono compatibility. Or, you can use the dual mono channels for a third stereo monitor pair along with Master Mute if you need to switch them off in a hurry (or simply enjoy the convenience).
Speaking of monitor control, ATTY2’D makes a fine level controller for a 5.1 surround system, as reflected on the front-panel surround labeling scheme: Stereo / Front; Stereo SL/SR; Mono / Center; and Mono / Sub. Whether you’re using it for multiple stereo monitors or surround, to calibrate your ATTY2’d, turn level knobs for all speakers clockwise to maximum (labeled “Cal”), then calibrate from your software or console. Always start with “Sub.”
There you have it—now go and get yourself an ATTY2’D—by A-Designs Audio.
A-Designs Audio ATTY 2'D Monitor Control Features
- 100% passive, 6-channel dual-stereo/dual-mono line-level controller
- Highest quality components and balanced I/O ensure ultra transparency and easy studio integration
- Affordable, audiophile-quality level control of multiple powered monitors including 5.1 surround systems
- Single-knob control of stereo channels
- Mute/Master Mute offers instant audio termination
- Prevent digital overs caused by high-output preamps
- Control output levels while maintaining high-gain input signal
- Control in/out levels of tube preamps
- Faceplate silk-screened to reflect 5.1 surround operation
- Designed to be a redundant backup for your system control
- Balanced XLR I/O
- 1U rack-mountable 19” frame
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.