65amps' Lil' Elvis owes a tonal debt to the British Invasion and classic American designs. With a 12AX7 front end and an EL84 power section, this vintage-flavored handwired guitar amp head delivers 12 of the loudest watts you'll ever hear. Innovative features include a footswitchable Bump control to take you from clean to dirty, a Master Voltage control that varies tube power-supply voltages to let the amp run normally down to a couple of watts without losing character, and a tremolo that preserves your pick attack. Like vintage amps? You'll love 65amps' Lil' Elvis.65amps Lil' Elvis Tube Guitar Amplifier Head at a Glance
- Vintage vibe is baked into Lil' Elvis
- Master Voltage circuit preserves your tone at any volume
- The advantages of a 2-channel amp, without the complexities
- Why you can't live without Bias Tremolo
- A robust, roadworthy amp with a boutique sensibility
- 65amps: by guitarists, for guitarists
With its outstanding touch response and rich harmonic content, 65amps' Lil' Elvis instantly reminds you of the tastiest vintage tube amps you ever played. It even has a tube rectifier. When it comes to electric guitar tone, vintage, of course, is where it's at. But that doesn't mean that the best amps of yesteryear were perfect. Far from it. Drawing on over 50 years of collective amp-design wisdom, 65amps has studied and made note of what works and what doesn't. As the two principals of the company are both pro guitarists, they have a few additional items on their wish lists that take a great vintage-inspired amp design and put it over the top in terms of tone, reliability, and usable features.Master Voltage circuit preserves your tone at any volume
Lil' Elvis is also packing some cool modern tricks in its stylish, roadworthy chassis. 65amps' Master Voltage circuit, for instance, is a giant step forward in power technology. No mere scaling schema, attenuator, or master volume, Master Voltage preserves your tone, authority, and touch response all the way down to two or three watts, making Lil' Elvis a scalable solution for recording and live gigs. (It's invaluable when you're using in-ear monitors.)The advantages of a 2-channel amp, without the complexities
In addition to 65amps' cool Master Voltage, Lil' Elvis is packing several other cutting-edge features that make it easy to take total control of your tone, onstage and in the studio. Lil' Elvis is a 1-channel amp, but that doesn't mean inconvenience or tonal compromise. 65amps' Bump control takes you from clean to dirty by switching the tube gain structure, with just a toetap on the included 2-button footswitch. So you can be cruising along with a glassy rhythm part, then kick Lil' Elvis into overdrive for a shredtastic solo.Why you can't live without Bias Tremolo
Love vintage tremolo? At AudioBuy.com.au Australia, we do, too. What we're not overly fond of is losing the ictus of our notes when the trem just happens to be in the southern region of its cycle. So 65amps fitted Lil' Elvis with a very cool Bias Tremolo that preserves your pick attack by actuating after you hit your notes and tremming the decay. (65amps jokingly refers to it as "Aftertrem.") This lets you play naturally and deploy the tremolo on a wide range of guitar parts where you would never think of using a conventional trem. Trust us. Once you've tried Bias Tremolo, you won't want to be without it.A robust, roadworthy amp with a boutique sensibility
Handcrafted in Southern California, 65amps' Lil' Elvis sports a boutique sensibility and sound to match. But Lil' Elvis is no effete snob; it's a hard-rockin' workhorse that'll take everything your tour schedule can dish out and ask for more. From its .09" aluminum chassis and finger-jointed Baltic birch cabinet to its Mercury handwound transformers and mil-spec hand wiring, this puppy is built. So when you take the stage with Lil' Elvis, you can concentrate on your performance, not your gear. Lil' Elvis also sports an effects loop, dual speaker outs, and switchable 8/16-ohm impedance. Everything a proper road warrior amp should have.65amps: by guitarists, for guitarists
65amps' Dan Boul and Peter Stroud are guitarists first and amp design engineers second. Peter also happens to be Sheryl Crow's guitarist. Now, like many savvy performers these days, Sheryl prefers to keep her stage volumes low. Low stage volumes equate to cleaner house and monitor mixes, which ultimately result in better performances. It was the need for a robust and roadworthy low-powered guitar amp that sounds as rich and complex as larger tube amps that led to the formation of 65amps. With the luxury of looking back on more than a half-century of guitar amp designs, Peter and Dan were able to identify strengths and weaknesses, and come up with innovative, modern designs that deliver tasty vintage tone, modern reliability, and enhanced usability.65amps Lil' Elvis Tube Guitar Amplifier Head Features
- Outstanding tonal vocabulary with a vintage flavor
- Excellent touch response and rich harmonic content
- Master Voltage circuit decreases your volume without losing tonal character
- Bias Tremolo preserves your note attacks
- Outstanding tonal vocabulary with a vintage flavor
- Smooth switch gets rid of crossover distortion
- Footswitchable Bump control takes you from clean to dirty by switching the tube gain structure
- 12 watts; 3 x 12AX7 preamp tubes, 2 x EL84 output tubes, 1 x EZ81 rectifier
- Mercury handwound transformers
- Chicken-head pointer knobs
- Volume, Smooth switch, Tone, Bump switch, Intensity, Speed, Master controls
- Series effects loop, footswitch jack, dual speaker outs, switchable 8/16-ohm impedance
- Finger-jointed Baltic birch cabinet; .09" aluminum chassis
- 2-button included footswitch
- Mil-spec wiring techniques for consistent, reliable build quality
- Handcrafted in Southern California
65amps' Lil' Elvis sports vintage vibe and boutique features!
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the . Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information.
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Australia ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.